Is Drake the new Ja Rule?

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I just listened to his new diss track & it seems breh has tapped out.

I was never a fan but I like some of his popular tunes. But I never believe I will see a day when his monstrous ego & star power would get crushed. What happened to all his Jewish connection in the music industry/media & his crazy stans? How were they not able to spin this?

Been a K.Dot fan since he was Jay Rock’s backup dancer but after this, he’s up there in my Mt. Rushmore with Pac, Nas & The Lox.

Send Drake to Ghana like Ja Rule - the Jewish cac is done. His career is dun out here.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Its been a weekend breh. Drake's fanbase is massive with a majority of it being "causal fans" who don't care about all this. This battle isn't going to end his career on any substantial level.

This. From a hip hop perspective Drake has a lot of asterisks next to his name. Objectively though he still makes good music. This battle will lower him further with heads (which I do think he cares about) but outside of that I don’t think it hurts him in the bigger scope. The real question is how much more does he have in him album/song wise. I can definitely see him stepping back in the next few years.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
50 snuffed Ja, snatched his chain and ended his cred w/ Back Down

Nothin happened to Aubrey in real life yet.... Just wax and it seem like alot of rap nikkas and fans still fw him. Ya cant just look at performative twitter to see how shyt will play out we seen many times twitter not real life so we'll see how Family Matters tracks and how Aubrey future records look. Too early to say but imma say no for now

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
The similarities between the two are strong. The warning signs were there when so many people co-signed Mos Def about Drake not being hip hop. A lot of Old heads never really embraced Drake and thought his music and image were soft. Then you get Kendrick who seems to be embraced by the core fans (similarly to 50). People start rooting for the more 'real hip hop' artist to win over the pop music making 'soft' singing rapper.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a Drake fan and think Kendrick is absolutely mopping him up...

But Ja's reign was three years or four years tops. Drake has been on the top of the game for well over a decade. That alone doesn't make him the new Ja.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a Drake fan and think Kendrick is absolutely mopping him up...

But Ja's reign was three years or four years tops. Drake Universal has been on the top of the game for well over a decade. That alone doesn't make him the new Ja.

Daps
This. From a hip hop perspective Drake has a lot of asterisks next to his name. Objectively though he still makes good music. This battle will lower him further with heads (which I do think he cares about) but outside of that I don’t think it hurts him in the bigger scope. The real question is how much more does he have in him album/song wise. I can definitely see him stepping back in the next few years.

I think it's the opposite. I think real heads are gonna put some respect on his name after going toe to toe with Kenny and that's what Drake really wants. Watch. After this is all said and done, you gon see a lot of folks give Drake his props. You heard it here first.