Is Drake the new Ja Rule?

Daps
The similarities between the two are strong. The warning signs were there when so many people co-signed Mos Def about Drake not being hip hop. A lot of Old heads never really embraced Drake and thought his music and image were soft. Then you get Kendrick who seems to be embraced by the core fans (similarly to 50). People start rooting for the more 'real hip hop' artist to win over the pop music making 'soft' singing rapper.

And I think this is what it's all really about. Drake loves hip hop. We can all agree on that. Breh is immersed in the culture and can have a solid discussion on hip hop history. I think it hurts him to his core when folks say he aint hip hop.

I think that's why he wanted this battle. To prove that he is.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Its crazy that a square like Kendrick did this much damage to Drake's rep. I always thought if Drake got taken down by another rapper, it would be by a street nikka.

Drake rapping about mob ties and such and random street rapper comes out of nowhere shutting on Drake for being a fraud, that's basically what 50 did to Ja Rule.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Ja became hip-hop's laughing stock. You got clowned if you admittedly listened to Ja after the Murder Inc/G-Unit beef. Drake isn’t there yet, and he's a way more successful that Rule was at his peak.

So to answer the question, no.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I think it's the opposite. I think real heads are gonna put some respect on his name after going toe to toe with Kenny and that's what Drake really wants. Watch. After this is all said and done, you gon see a lot of folks give Drake his props. You heard it here first.
I respect it. Even if people aren't really fans of his music, he went up head to head with Kendrick while several other artists conspired against him. Having a bunch of rappers from different camps get together and say lets get Drake outta here is crazy when you think about it.

Daps
I respect it. Even if people aren't really fans of his music, he went up head to head with Kendrick while several other artists conspired against him. Having a bunch of rappers from different camps get together and say lets get Drake outta here is crazy when you think about it.

And this nxgga still hanging in there :mindblown:

If Kenny thots would be just a LITTLE objective, they would admit that they never expected Drake to be this resilient and be willing to put up a real fight. That in itself is blowing my mind.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Part of what made Ja Rule the laughing was/is his delusion. Drakes not delusional, because he WANTS to believe his lies. Delusional people already do.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I'm having a hard time understand how this battle puts him lower?

He had 2 of the better tracks (Pushups and Family Matters) while essentially nullifying 1 of Kendricks better tracks in "Meet the Grahams"

The best songs from either artist are:

Family Matters
Euphoria
Pushups
and maybe Not like Us (I personally don't like this song at all, thing it's one of the worst tracks)

All the other tracks will be forgotten about

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah nobody was copping pleas for ja rule and Drake got some of the biggest media heads in the culture backing him. Cam & Gillie

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's the opposite. I think real heads are gonna put some respect on his name after going toe to toe with Kenny and that's what Drake really wants. Watch. After this is all said and done, you gon see a lot of folks give Drake his props. You heard it here first.

I agree. That's why a lot of older rappers heads sided with drake. they just looking just at the raps(not tik tok and memes) and the fact that drake had to battle 20 dudes at once and more than held his own.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I just listened to his new diss track & it seems breh has tapped out.

I was never a fan but I like some of his popular tunes. But I never believe I will see a day when his monstrous ego & star power would get crushed. What happened to all his Jewish connection in the music industry/media & his crazy stans? How were they not able to spin this?

Been a K.Dot fan since he was Jay Rock’s backup dancer but after this, he’s up there in my Mt. Rushmore with Pac, Nas & The Lox.

Send Drake to Ghana like Ja Rule - the Jewish cac is done. His career is dun out here.

Drake got fans in different genres of music.. Drake not just a rapper…

Don’t compare him to Ja rule