Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They wasn’t when they passed.

Stop dikkriding

Yall gone make nikkas like Gibbs and Alchemist work until they’re 80 before you compare them to nikkas that had a half decade run in their 20s.
They were actually popping when they was alive. Gibbs is a nobody

People with classic rap albums and songs get more leeway than guys who drop albums no one cares about No way :mjlol:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Yeah I enjoyed BFK and the homie-less version of ESGN.

I’ve been hooked since The Ghetto video.
This thread reminding me just how long this nikka been rapping

I still remember reading Passion of Weiss blog articles about this nikka when he first moved to LA

My kids was babies and they driving now

:blessed:

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
People that don't know Dilla's name know of his work

His attachment to pockets of underground Detroit... let along certain streams of national trends... his effect and impact is way bigger than his name... and im not one that push Dilla's legacy like that cause people get extra with that one too

From Chicagoland to Indiana to the midwest as a whole to effect/impact... like cmon man. If Gibbs stopped rapping tonight that'll be it. His art aint got no legs to compare to Dilla or be called a legend
I understand the logic bro

I guess it’s sorta subjective

I don’t listen to much of Gibbs stuff post 2015 (the actual offerings that have garnered critical and mainstream acclaim/awards), but his stuff before that is so classic imo that I would label him a legend. (The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs, Cold Day in Hell, Baby Face Killa, etc)

But to each his own fr

:yeshrug:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I understand the logic bro

I guess it’s sorta subjective

I don’t listen to much of Gibbs stuff post 2015 (the actual offerings that have garnered critical and mainstream acclaim/awards), but his stuff before that is so classic imo that I would label him a legend. (The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs, Cold Day in Hell, Baby Face Killa, etc)

But to each his own fr

:yeshrug:
Most of these nikkas didn’t hear of him until probably around when you checked out.

Think about that.

As a fellow early Gibbs fan, please do yourself a favor and listen to everything he’s made since
then because you wilding.

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Most of these nikkas didn’t hear of him until probably around when you checked out.

Think about that.

As a fellow early Gibbs fan, please do yourself a favor and listen to everything he’s made since
then because you wilding.
lol Ight breh I’ll peep

:lolbron:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I like Gibbs but there is little to no story to tell in the grand scheme of Hip Hop regarding him.

That’s what a legend is, a story.

So when you say the word legend in the context of Hip Hop think about trying to tell a story about that person and the moment/moments they created. There has to be more there than just some albums you enjoy. There’s obviously levels to what or who is legendary but again it’s about the story.

Biz Markie was a legend…he was apart of very memorable moments. Even if it was just one big thing, if there’s a story to tell about it there is some degree of legend.

I can’t begin to reach for anything like that for Freddie despite how dope he can be, it’s not just about quality of music. shyt Vanilla Ice is for sure a legend off one song you dig?

His association with Jeezy is probably the most notable thing about his career that creates some kind of narrative.

Last edited:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t call him a legend but the work he’s released in the past 10 years is definitely one of the best 10 year runs anyone has had in hip hop from this generation