Is Ghanaian food the best food in Africa?

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I need more exposure to West African food. If anyone has any nice spots in Toronto, drop some names pls.

I'm biased, but Somali and Ethiopian food been holding me down my whole life.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Then most off the Africans you know are from Ghana to Cameroon region.
Yeah was an ignorant comment. I think Ghana food is good but probably not the best in Africa, lots of countries throw down

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Only a food critic could answer the question. Very few people have eaten a meal from the different regions of the continent, much less every country.

There's a visible West African presence across some of the metro areas of America, so people are more likely to have sampled some of their food.

In my club hopping days, I attended a lot of events at African clubs that catered to different nationalities and ethnic groups. Forget the brands but the beer was incredible (and strong)

Daps
I've only had Nigerian cuisine. It was good.

From what I've seen and heard, the best African cuisine goes to Senegambian. However, I wanna try all 54 African countries' cuisines.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah was an ignorant comment. I think Ghana food is good but probably not the best in Africa, lots of countries throw down

Nah, fufu is not really eaten that much in other parts off West Africa. Sierra Leone is the exception because off the Krio people, and even then we only eat fufu with the draw stews(Okra, krain kray, Sawa Sawa)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I’m so used to american food when I first tried a Jamaican breakfast I asked my ex girl if this was dinner :yeshrug:

Their breakfast is ridiculously heavy:mjlol:

Haitian breakfasts are just as heavy if you think about it.

• spaghetti
  • Bannann ak mori
  • Bannann ak aransò
  • Akasan
  • Ze ak bannann

All heavy foods. But american breakfasts foods are heavy too, tho. heavy ass biscuits, pancakes, sausage patties. Do we count cereals as heavy because you know americans go heavy on sugary cereals
What haitian dish are you referring to?

Haitian tomtom is our version of African Fufu.
maxresdefault.jpg

hq720.jpg

I could make the argument that African-Americans from Louisiana's so-called "Gumbo" is just another derivative/extension of that same dish but instead of a pounded starchy vegetable (yam or breadfruit) they use rice . The rest is all the same seasoned okra stew with seafood and beef, etc. :yeshrug:

Personally I like Southern African-American foods far more than i do their northern counterparts. Southern shrimp and grits, fried chicken, or God forbid they make you some of that seafood boil aka "low-country boil" with them crab legs, shrimp, sausages, corn on the cob and potatoes. :ohlawd:
I feel like the only thing i trust the American northerners with would be shyt like pancakes and burgers but perhaps i should explore more.

Last edited:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Based on my experience. Liberian > Moroccan > Ethiopian > Nigerian

Senegal does have the best Jollof Rice. Why wouldn't they? The term "Jollof" originated from the Jollof Kingdom of Senegambia :whew:

THIEBOUDIENNE_2-671312.jpg

Kenya in general has the best cuisine in East Africa

kenyan-food-13-735x490.jpg.webp

kenyan-food-11-735x490.jpg.webp

kenyan-food-08-735x490.jpg.webp

my-version-of-chips-mwituthe-perfect-street-food-recipe-main-photo.jpg

kenyan-food-07-735x490.jpg.webp

kenyan-food-04-735x490.jpg.webp

Imagine eating Kenyan food
:unimpressed:

Very tasteless. All their tasty food is from India.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Most African food trash if we keeping it a buck

Hell no!

I’d like to hear what foods you like. And state where you’re (and family) from too as based on what you grew up eating your palette will not appreciate certain foods.

For example a lot of New Yorkers like to brag about New York Chinese food but what they don’t realize is they are used to shytty Chinese fast-food and not actual Chinese food that most Chinese would eat themselves.

The Chinese food industry just figured out what Americans like to eat (greasy stuff like fried rice, fried chicken wings and sweet meats, etc) and just found what they have in their cuisine that fits that and exploited that aspect of it. Go to real Chinese restaurant and you will rarely find the trash they sell at the corner spots selling greasy fried chicken and fried rice 24/7 like they do in NY