Is immediately putting hotsauce on food someone prepared for you disrespectful?

Title of thread

• Yes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No and if so Fukk they feelings

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

Is putting ketchup on a burger offensive?

Tartar sauce on a fish sandwich?

Mustard on a hot dog?

I'd tell them gtfo my face if they got offened that I broke out my hot sauce.

There's a huge difference between putting ketchup on a burger and someone giving you a steak and you putting steak sauce on it. (You might as well spit in their face).

It's why high end steak places don't have A1 or heinz 57 or sweet baby rays. It's disrespectful.

Potlucks differ, but typically you should try people's food (depending what it is) before you put hot sauce even if you like all your food spicy.

Putting hot sauce isn't like ketchup and mustard on a burger. It's more the equivalent of someone handing you a plate of food or bowl of chili and the first thing you do is grab salt and pepper and start shaking.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol this is funny. I imagine how it can be seen as offensive.

Like this?

If it's some shyt like this where you taste it in front of them and start POURING hot sauce over the food then it's like you saying "This shyt ain't got no taste :childplease:"

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
As hell...:usure:
All of my delectable cooking is seasoned with love & a big toe. What TF are you messing it up for?

But seriously when I see people do that without even tasting it first, I think it's odd.
See, that's why nobody likes your cooking :scust:. You supposed to put your whole foot off up in there.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
There's a huge difference between putting ketchup on a burger and someone giving you a steak and you putting steak sauce on it. (You might as well spit in their face).

It's why high end steak places don't have A1 or heinz 57 or sweet baby rays. It's disrespectful.

Potlucks differ, but typically you should try people's food (depending what it is) before you put hot sauce even if you like all your food spicy.

Putting hot sauce isn't like ketchup and mustard on a burger. It's more the equivalent of someone handing you a plate of food or bowl of chili and the first thing you do is grab salt and pepper and start shaking.
Wtf some people like extra salt or extra pepper or hot sauce or steak sauce.

I went to a pizzeria today and got and ate a slice. Dude next to me was pounding out oregano and black pepper on his slice. Should the dude who made the pizzeria be offended? No, some people are going to add shyt and others aren't. Who are you to feel disrespected that people have different tastes and interests :mjlol:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wtf some people like extra salt or extra pepper or hot sauce or steak sauce.

I went to a pizzeria today and got and ate a slice. Dude next to me was pounding out oregano and black pepper on his slice. Should the dude who made the pizzeria be offended? No, some people are going to add shyt and others aren't. Who are you to feel disrespected that people have different tastes and interests :mjlol:

There are certain foods you're expected to add things to. I.e. a burger or hot dog with ketchup or mustard.

If someone makes you spaghetti, and the first thing you do is grab salt pepper and parm + oregano and red pepper flakes. You're not even giving their recipe a chance, that's why it's considered disrespectful.

You're talking like you've never been to a high end restaurant. It's not like Applebee's or IHOP where there's a dozen of condiments. There's a difference between someone giving you food and serving you food.

If someone's giving you food, they don't care. If a chef is serving you food, or someone (friend, family, coworker) is serving you something it's more or less a request for approval. How do you think it was cooked, how's the flavor, how's the texture,etc.

Some greedy hungry motherfukkers jus eat everything the same. Like a $10 fried catfish plate vs a $60 Chilean sea bass. It's almost like they have aspergers and don't know when to use the right manners or etiquette. It's like fast food vs fine dining.

At Applebee's you're expected to eat their shyt steaks with sauce. At a real steakhouse where you're paying $60 or more for the steak. You might get it for free when they ask you to leave for asking for condiments. (Usually they have houses garnishes, mushrooms, bernaise)

Last edited:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
There are certain foods you're expected to add things to. I.e. a burger or hot dog with ketchup or mustard.

If someone makes you spaghetti, and the first thing you do is grab salt pepper and parm + oregano and red pepper flakes. You're not even giving their recipe a chance, that's why it's considered disrespectful.

You're talking like you've never been to a high end restaurant. It's not like Applebee's or IHOP where there's a dozen of condiments. There's a difference between someone giving you food and serving you food.

If someone's giving you food, they don't care. If a chef is serving you food, or someone (friend, family, coworker) is serving you something it's more or less a request for approval. How do you think it was cooked, how's the flavor, how's the texture,etc.

Some greedy hungry motherfukkers jus eat everything the same. Like a $10 fried catfish plate vs a $60 Chilean sea bass. It's almost like they have aspergers and don't know when to use the right manners or etiquette. It's like fast food vs fine dining.

At Applebee's you're expected to eat their shyt steaks with sauce. At a real steakhouse where you're paying $60 or more for the steak. You might get it for free when they ask you to leave for asking for condiments. (Usually they have houses garnishes, mushrooms, bernaise)

giphy.gif

Wtf I go to high end Italian restaurants and they grate fresh parmesan cheese onto my pasta and bring out the black pepper grinder and ask if I want any.

Bruh you're reaching :mjlol: be mad if you want. I put habanero hot sauce on everything!

Again everyone has different tastes. I don't even put steak sauce on my 20$ trader Joe's steaks cause I don't like it but I would fault someone who did. Stop whining

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Wtf I go to high end Italian restaurants and they grate fresh parmesan cheese onto my pasta and bring out the black pepper grinder and ask if I want any.

Bruh you're reaching :mjlol: be mad if you want. I put habanero hot sauce on everything!

I'm far from mad. I put Sriracha in everything.
If I do go out, I fine dine, I let them cook their ass off and I try their recipes. If I'm not feeling it, I fine tune it.

Hell my girl made chicken chili 2 weeks ago. I had my Sriracha on deck like :martin:.
:whew: she did it right. I didn't need a drop. shyt was bomb. Get you a broad that can throw down in the kitchen. I'm not talking one who can cook well. But one who cook's so good you don't need your dinner enhancement kit.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
If you give me white rice, and I immediately add black pepper to it.....am I saying "fuuck yo standard ass rice" or am I saying "I know how I am and I'm going need black pepper to properly enjoy this"?? :jbhmm:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
You'd think the person who made you food would be more offended if you asked for hotsauce after you tasted their bland dish right? If someone immediately asked for hotsauce before eating that would most likely indicate that it is a common practice for them and not a slight in any way right?
There's something that some people don't do... that's taste their own cooking. Of course, you don't want to dip in a spoon with your mouth germs into a sauce, soup, stew or whatever. That's nasty. But, you do want to take a clean spoon, scoop out a bit of whatever and taste it. This gives the cook or chef an idea if it needs more salt, pepper or whatever other spice.