Is it a wrap for Software Engineers? Devin autonomous AI software engineer...

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
*sigh*

these nikka bring up this topic over and over in an attempt to kill the morale of tech workers on some " well how bout that:sas2:"
not knowing a damn thing. Simply wishful thinking ; trying to evoke some sense of dread to feel accompanied in their own miserable existence.

These be the same nikkas who fell for the social hype posts from course peddlers claiming you can "Start your $200k a year career in cyber security" or "earn 100k in 6 months without coding" and years later they still cant break into the industry, thus, sour grapes. This industry aint a gold rush/get rich quick scheme you cant just stack a bunch of certs and degrees and think you earned the right to be in the 6Figs club,

You wanna pull them big salaries, you better know what the fukk you doing-- same as being an electrician or welder.

I had to get humbled myself to realize this.

also, all this boogey man shyt will bottom out eventually once AI stops being a sexy topic in the news. Corporations frothing at the ideal of completely replacing their IT or SWE workforce will find out the hard way that its not some magic bullet. Costs wil add up, timing wont be ideal, They dont wont to comply with a certain security framework......for some reason or the other Implementation wont be feasible in the out-the-box plug and play way people are expecting it to. Companies will either break even or break the bank. but it want tbe this runaway success. Dont even get me start on the government sector of things. Some shyt is still running on Windows XP or an early build of windows 10 that cant be updated for fear of shyt causing a meltdown. Variables, variables.

turbulence isnt new to any tech worker,

constantly being threatened with outsourcing, layoffs, and anything that boils down to joblessness is par the course. We always have to justify to companies why IT exists in the company, The companies that try to cheap out and suffer the consequences to the tune of tens/ hundreds of millions of dolloars after a security breach or some unforseen infrastructure flaw --where does that lead them? right back to us.

Worked for a comapny that outsourced their entire IT department to India for a fraction of the cost in payroll but would result in at least triple the cost longterm with the lithany of monolithic fukkups. where does that lead them? right back to us.

Do they ever learn from their mistakes? Half the time no. They'd rather keep this cyclical process of over-hire -> fire -outsource ->fire -> rehire domestically going in an endless loop. Blame the C-suite, them MFs bounce from company to company, getting unprecdented bonues on top of excessively large salaries while driving companies to the ground with the front line indiviual contributors catching the blame for shyt the so-caled "disruptive" "visionary" "leader" allowed on his watch.

I work for managed services in cloud infrastructure and security, Clients are always forced to lean back when the infrastructure build they wanted (typically heavily automated) turns out to not be a viable solution. Sitting in on audits , build team meetings, roll out discussions has really opened my eyes to how shyt works in the field.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
*sigh*

these nikka bring up this topic over and over in an attempt to kill the morale of tech workers on some " well how bout that:sas2:"
not knowing a damn thing. Simply wishful thinking ; trying to evoke some sense of dread to feel accompanied in their own miserable existence.

These be the same nikkas who fell for the social hype posts from course peddlers claiming you can "Start your $200k a year career in cyber security" or "earn 100k in 6 months without coding" and years later they still cant break into the industry, thus, sour grapes. This industry aint a gold rush/get rich quick scheme you cant just stack a bunch of certs and degrees and think you earned the right to be in the 6Figs club,

You wanna pull them big salaries, you better know what the fukk you doing-- same as being an electrician or welder.

also, all this boogey man shyt will bottom out eventually once AI stops being a sexy topic in the news. Corporations frothing at the ideal of completely replacing their IT or SWE workforce will find out the hard way that its not some magic bullet. Costs wil add up, timing wont be ideal, They dont wont to comply with a certain security framework......for some reason or the other Implementation wont be feasible in the out-the-box plug and play way people are expecting it to. Companies will either break even or break the bank. but it want tbe this runaway success. Dont even get me start on the government sector of things. Some shyt is still running on Windows XP or an early build of windows 10 that cant be updated for fear of shyt causing a meltdown. Variables, variables.

constantly being threatened with outsourcing, layoffs, and anything that boils down to joblessness is par the course. We always have to justify to companies why IT exists in the company, The companies that try to cheap out and suffer the consequences to the tune of tens/ hundreds of millions of dolloars after a security breach or some unforseen infrastructure flaw --where does that lead them? right back to us.

Worked for a comapny that outsourced their entire IT department to India for a fraction of the cost in payroll but would result in at least triple the cost longterm with the lithany of monolithic fukkups. where does that lead them? right back to us.

Do they ever learn from their mistakes? Half the time no. They'd rather keep this cyclical process of over-hire -> fire -outsource ->fire -> rehire domestically going in an endless loop. Blame the C-suite, them MFs bounce from company to company, getting unprecdented bonues on top of excessively large salaries while driving companies to the ground with the front line indiviual contributors catching the blame for shyt the so-caled "disruptive" "visionary" "leader" allowed on his watch.

I work for managed services in cloud infrastructure and security, Clients are always forced to lean back when the infrastructure build they wanted (typically heavily automated) turns out to not be a viable solution. Sitting in on audits , build team meetings, roll out discussions has really opened my eyes to how shyt works in the field.
/thread

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
People keep talking about the limitations of AI, but it's clear they're improving rapidly. Don't assume any job is safe from AI—not trying to scare anyone, but we should all be getting ready for what's coming.

That thread @bnew updates every day is eye opening :francis:
No one said anything is safe but every time a thread like this gets made, it's specifically targeting those in the tech industry. AI is going to affect everyone in a negative and positive way but you guys only speak on how tech folks will be out of a job. What makes you think that some of us aren't part of these AI projects or won't be able to evolve so that we can leverage these tools for our own benefit. Like @Rhyme n Tekniq said, tech is changing constantly and we have to change with it or get left behind, this is nothing new.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
*sigh*

Nikka i make 6 figures :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
*sigh*

Yup. At the end of the day, people got to remember this industry is packed with some of the smartest people on the planet pound for pound.

A lot of people who would've been physicists, engineers, mathematicians, etc. went into computer science to chase the money and lifestyle.

Incredible systems were built and will continue to be built by these people and the people that learn from them.

These CEO's are mismanaging talent around the world, so when they think people are easily replaceable they find out how smart, innovative and reliable these people were. However, they only tend to realize that when their company gets set back for decades or hits rock bottom chasing hype trends and falling for people talking loud on the internet. Their smarter competitors won't make the same mistake and value will be created elsewhere.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People keep talking about the limitations of AI, but it's clear they're improving rapidly. Don't assume any job is safe from AI—not trying to scare anyone, but we should all be getting ready for what's coming.

That thread @bnew updates every day is eye opening :francis:

yeah like i said look at the camera in the first iphone compared to a iphone 15

ai is only going to get better and better and better

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I’m not scared of AI taking my job at all, but I’m not about to act like they not about to perfect this shyt pretty soon lol. It’s exciting as long as you know where you fit in. Plus ai will always need oversight regardless of how “perfect it will some day be”