Is it a wrap for Software Engineers? Devin autonomous AI software engineer...

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
EXACTLY

These nikkas act like AI is going specifically after tech jobs :mjlol:

No, AI most likely will come after YOUR job. All these middle managing, or sit in the office all day just bullshyttin on TheColi… these the nikkas in danger imo.

Or even ordinary folk doing remedial jobs have a higher likelihood of getting replaced and going the way of the auto-factory worker like in the past..

IT is broad af… extremely broad. Broader than what most people know/think. The Coli tends to think everyone in IT just does developing or coding or some shyt… no, they dont.

I do cyber security with a background in system maintenance and networking. No way who I work for is trusting AI to run their systems and networks, especially with the amount of cybercrime going on. Will it be a tool, yes. Will it be significant.. yes. Will it replace most tech workers? Only people willing to do that are greedy/public CEO’s to try to cut labor costs..

but like OP said, its the same shyt when companies started outsourcing their entire IT departments overseas and realizing it was a HUGE mistake after they lost hundreds of millions. It happened to my mom and they came running back to her and kinda happened to me last year when I was let go because some clown thought our roles were ineffective and was a waste of money… until shyt hit the fan, that guy got fired, and they were back on my line asking me to return and then had to pay me more to come back

nikkas need to stop worrying about what AI will do to tech jobs and start worrying about what it will do to YOUR job.. because if you just pushing papers, on the phone, and going to meetings all day then :francis:
This is facts. You can't just let these systems and networks go and be managed by AI, you're looking at a ton of vulnerabilities. AI can help with scripting for sure, but even the best script can bomb out on an unexpected issue or something else came up due to someone else's work now you're whole process got messed up. I just try to do my best to be always learning. Nobody can tell the future, just gotta be diligent and improve on skills.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
It was all good just a week ago
Now ya Black ass about to be broke
nikkas thought they were protected in tech
Others lost their jobs, your about to be next
Couldn't happen to a better group of fools
"Not a problem for Stem gang" is no longer the rule
Wasn't tryna hear it when we warned you clowns
So get a job at Mcdonalds, how does that sound?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/4
The AI world is truly going insane!

Just the other day, we were discussing Princeton University's open-source AI software engineer SWE-agent outperforming Devin, and now a new contender, AutoCodeRover from Singapore, has dethroned SWE-agent in just a matter of days.

This powerhouse can tackle 67 GitHub issues (bug fixes or feature additions) in under ten minutes per issue, while regular developers take an average of over 2.77 days, all at a minuscule LLM cost of ~$0.5! Truly frightening!

2/4
Check it out!

3/4
New LLMs & cost transparency, accomplished!

4/4
@goon_nguyen has just added 4 more AI models to my settings!

All models come with input & output price (per million tokens).
GKt3WpUaYAAZ4_s.jpg

GKuCKwSasAAjc7J.jpg

1/4
it's over, and this is current generation LLMs (gpt-4)

> our approach resolved 67 GitHub issues in less than ten minutes each, whereas developers spent more than 2.77 days on average

2/4
ok not completely over for soft eng, but yea that efficiency gain is insane

3/4
this was the results posted from "devin" (they used 25% random subset)

4/4
code is here
GKs1cizWsAABqoa.png

GKs2LI_XUAAlNGa.jpg

GKs7GN-XsAAIrFL.jpg

GKs1cizWsAABqoa.png

GKs2LI_XUAAlNGa.jpg

1/4
Introducing AutoCodeRover
Presenting our autonomous software engineer from Singapore ! Takes in a Github issue (bug fixing or feature addition), resolves in few minutes, with minimal LLM cost ~$0.5 ! Please RT

GitHub - nus-apr/auto-code-rover: Autonomous program improvement

auto-code-rover/preprint.pdf at main · nus-apr/auto-code-rover

[ 1 / 4]

2/4
Absolutely free for everyone to try out ! And to improve it further!!

3/4
We prefer to run it multiple times - to cater for variations …

4/4
Try it from the following site

1/2
AutoCodeRover: Autonomous Software Engineer

Resolves 22% of Github issues in SWE-benchlite in <10 mins at minimal LLM cost ~$0.5
Works on program representation of Abstract Syntax Tree, and exploits program structure in the form of classes/methods/APIs

2/2
Presenting our autonomous software engineer from Singapore ! Takes in a Github issue (bug fixing or feature addition), resolves in few minutes, with minimal LLM cost ~$0.5 ! Please RT
https://github.com/nus-apr/auto-cod...//code.djangoproject.com/ticket/32347']#32347 of Django. See the demo video for the full process:

https://private-user-images.githubusercontent.com/48704330/320440436-719c7a56-40b8-4f3d-a90e-0069e37baad3.mp4?jwt=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.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.eNRYVyfdSuwh5JPFFeNhansQypb-GimykriAzpOkcXc

Enhancement: leveraging test cases​

AutoCodeRover can resolve even more issues, if test cases are available. See an example in the video:

Last edited:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

1/4
The AI world is truly going insane!

Just the other day, we were discussing Princeton University's open-source AI software engineer SWE-agent outperforming Devin, and now a new contender, AutoCodeRover from Singapore, has dethroned SWE-agent in just a matter of days.

This powerhouse can tackle 67 GitHub issues (bug fixes or feature additions) in under ten minutes per issue, while regular developers take an average of over 2.77 days, all at a minuscule LLM cost of ~$0.5! Truly frightening!

2/4
Check it out!

3/4
New LLMs & cost transparency, accomplished!

4/4
@goon_nguyen has just added 4 more AI models to my settings!

All models come with input & output price (per million tokens).
GKt3WpUaYAAZ4_s.jpg

GKuCKwSasAAjc7J.jpg

1/4
it's over, and this is current generation LLMs (gpt-4)

> our approach resolved 67 GitHub issues in less than ten minutes each, whereas developers spent more than 2.77 days on average

2/4
ok not completely over for soft eng, but yea that efficiency gain is insane

3/4
this was the results posted from "devin" (they used 25% random subset)

4/4
code is here
GKs1cizWsAABqoa.png

GKs2LI_XUAAlNGa.jpg

GKs7GN-XsAAIrFL.jpg

GKs1cizWsAABqoa.png

GKs2LI_XUAAlNGa.jpg

1/4

auto-code-rover/preprint.pdf at main · nus-apr/auto-code-rover

[ 1 / 4]

2/4
Absolutely free for everyone to try out ! And to improve it further!!

3/4
We prefer to run it multiple times - to cater for variations …

4/4
Try it from the following site

1/2
AutoCodeRover: Autonomous Software Engineer

Resolves 22% of Github issues in SWE-benchlite in <10 mins at minimal LLM cost ~$0.5
Works on program representation of Abstract Syntax Tree, and exploits program structure in the form of classes/methods/APIs

2/2

✔️ Example: Django Issue #32347​

As an example, AutoCodeRover successfully fixed issue #32347 of Django. See the demo video for the full process:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://private-user-images.githubusercontent.com/48704330/320440436-719c7a56-40b8-4f3d-a90e-0069e37baad3.mp4?jwt=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.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.eNRYVyfdSuwh5JPFFeNhansQypb-GimykriAzpOkcXc

Enhancement: leveraging test cases

AutoCodeRover can resolve even more issues, if test cases are available. See an example in the video:

:damn:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Read a story once about an AI that diagnosed diseases. This was 10 years ago.

They put the symptoms in

and the AI reads

EVERY medical article published. Ever. In like.. 35 seconds.

Then it tells them the likely disease.

Okay. Great. This is something humans can do. Except the patient had hours to live and the humans would take days to do the research.

The computer was exactly right also.

If the AI can save countless hours of physically typing then that's actually great. Frees the humans up to imagine and create at a faster rate.