Is it possible to become a Type "A" personality?

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
Is there a way that one can radically transform their personality for the better?

Due to my upbringing, I was very self-conscious, shy, meek, and unassertive as a child, and this carried on throughout high school. :francis:

Since then, I've managed to grow out of some of these traits a bit, but I still have facets of my core personality that I've carried with me since I was a child.

Basically, I'd like to become one of those hyper-assertive, hyper-productive (one might say borderline sociopathic :yeshrug:) people that seem to dominate in all areas of life (financially, socially, networking, etc).

Every time I start on a self-improvement schedule, it goes really well for nearly a month until some shyt happens in my life that fukks up my mental state and causes me to slip back into bad habits.

I'm tired of being a broke loser :mjcry:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I read Atomic Habits and it focuses on improving your systems instead of directly associating success with accomplishments. Maybe focus on doing a little bit more of who you want to be every day or week than on changing your whole personality.

Even if you did become a type A, you'd just have to deal with all the challenges that come with that territory.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
I read Atomic Habits and it focuses on improving your systems instead of directly associating success with accomplishments. Maybe focus on doing a little bit more of who you want to be every day or week than on changing your whole personality.

Even if you did become a type A, you'd just have to deal with all the challenges that come with that territory.
I actually downloaded a pdf of that book earlier this morning. :ehh: I'm gonna check it out later this week.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
Join a boxing gym or mma gym. Knowing you can knock out 90% of all males will give you the confidence you need to let your nuts hand.
Out my price range unfortunately, but I've been back in the gym lifting since April and have been making steady gains so far :manny:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I actually downloaded a pdf of that book earlier this morning. :ehh: I'm gonna check it out later this week.
It's an easy read and it makes a lot of sense.

One thing that stuck out to me was Pat Riley's method of "career best effort". Basically look at your current stats right now and aim for each category to be at least a little bit better by the end of next season. Surely you can't be 100 on everything, in most cases. But if you had x amount more rebounds, points, assists, etc... You basically go from being any old player to the player with an impressive amount of triple doubles.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Truth be told, it's very hard to change your personality after you're already an adult. :yeshrug:

There was a study that showed that by 2nd grade or so, most people already have their base personality traits and they don't change much.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fake it till you make it.

Lots of people with those qualities copy what they saw growing up from older family members.

They idolized those people and mimicked their personalities until it became their own.

I mean, just do it. Talk with assertion and with bass in your voice. Talk like a leader of men, a head football coach, an army general. Walk with your head up high. Look at men in their eyes when speaking to them (pause :dame:). Always give a firm handshake, etc.

And also, hitting the gym works.

When other dudes give you the nod and say "waddup big man" it gives you a confidence.

Also, one major thing is to keep in mind that most of these "A" type personality men did NOT fall out the womb like that. Some did but alot of them had to WORK ON IT. Their personalities formed as time went on and they experienced certain things.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
Talk with assertion and with bass in your voice.
Fortunately, I naturally have a deep-ass voice that catches people off guard when they hear it because my voice doesn't match my body :mjlol:

I used to hate it back in high school because people used to mock me for it, but over the years I've realized how valuable it is, especially since half the dudes my age still sound like teenagers.

And also, hitting the gym works.
Been doing this as well, off and on since senior year. I'm stronger and more muscular than most men my size, so I don't have any hangups in that area.

It's just my mentality. I still feel like the same insecure, depressed kid that I was when I was 12.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
Fortunately, I naturally have a deep-ass voice that catches people off guard when they hear it because my voice doesn't match my body :mjlol:

I used to hate it back in high school because people used to mock me for it, but over the years I've realized how valuable it is, especially since half the dudes my age still sound like teenagers.

Been doing this as well, off and on since senior year. I'm stronger and more muscular than most men my size, so I don't have any hangups in that area.

It's just my mentality. I still feel like the same insecure, depressed kid that I was when I was 12.
did you figure this out yet breh? im the same way: too humble for my own good type. i don’t want to go against the grain and speak my mind oftentimes even if i know it’s right thing to do in order to spare others’ feelings in the moment.

my mild mannered nature ironically leaves way for the same people i am empathetic and considerate towards to end up playing with me once they discover my insecurities.

my humility plays against me i respect people who don’t match the same energy later on. funnily a lot of people of which who i already knew of their flawed morals beforehand but decided to disregard