Is it possible to become a Type "A" personality?

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Maybe a change of community would help :yeshrug:

I’ve always been big into the arts but I didn’t really choose to go into it fr. Instead I chose construction and other labor work (and the military) and it’s cool and I fit in well enough

But when I joined the art world frfr through my music and shyt it made me immensely more confident in myself and my spirit and I guess the “Type A” came to birth idk

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Theres really only one cure if you arent born with it. And that cure would be validation from others. So the best thing to do is to find people who validate you for what you already are. And you will be able to be a "type A" among that demographic. To be a type a among people who dont currently see you as a type A. You will have to figure out what it would take to make them validate you. Through that attention and validation your confidence will grow when among that sector. And it will change how others view you. The way you gain validation among different demographics might not be the same as the next man. So its unwise to look at how others do it,unless you share similar traits:respect:

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
'How to Make Friends and Influence People" was the Bible for salesmen. You have to realize the vast majority of people want someone else to make the approach. The other key point is to ask questions and let people talk about themselves.
I have a pdf of this as a matter of fact. Wouldn't hurt to crack it open again sometime soon.

As corny as it a may sound, Jordan Belfort (AKA "The Wolf of Wall Street") has A LOT of good game when it comes to face-to-face sales tactics. Early on when I got my new job last winter I found it annoying to have to deal with a bunch of people face-to-face all day.

But around the beginning of this year, something inside me said "fukk it, if I'm gonna be stuck here for a while, I might as well finesse this job into a future skill set."

I binge-watched a bunch of Belfort's "Straight Line Selling" technique videos on YouTube, fast-forward to the summer and now after month's of forcing myself to interact with others and tightening up my convo skills, I've become the biggest "closer" at work, so to speak. Even my colleagues frequently ask me for tips and tricks on how to deal with customers when before I could barely stand having to answer a customer's question.
You gotta be careful with those middle aged female shoppers. I've was propositioned more than a few times, and the women couldn't care less when I told them I was married.
Lol I'll keep that in mind. A lot of the friendliest ones seem to have wedding bands themselves :lolbron:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
One downside that immediately comes to mind is coming off as an a$$hole to the people closest to you, those who know you better than anyone else.

Without going into too much detail, I know someone who is the archetypal "Type A" personality. He is without a shadow of a doubt a legit narcissist, and definitely has sociopathic tendencies, if he isn't actually just a full-blown sociopath. He allegedly went through some sort of childhood abuse, so this only makes it more likely that his core personality was shaped due to it.

And when use the terms "narcissist" and "sociopath", I'm NOT using them in the way that a lot of women nowadays like to use them to talk about shytty dudes that they've dated.

Behind the scenes, this dude rules his private life with an iron fist, controlling every person within his inner circle with unchecked power, and has everyone seemingly afraid to speak out against him and the fukked up shyt that he's done to people throughout his life.

Yet in public, he portrays himself as a shining example of a Black male role model, presenting himself as an honorable good-natured man that others should look up to. He's held various leadership roles, is well-respected, and is very charismatic.

The only possible saving grace within all of his fukkkery is that the people who TRULY know him don't respect him. However, with his recently won lifetime achievement award and having acquired a network that consists of every prominent Black man in our city from activists, city officials, and even the mayor, the approval of those he deems "important" is probably all he really cares about anyway.

After doing some reflection on your question, I guess what attracts me to wanting to have a Type A personality -- especially during the time of my life when I made that post -- is the (perceived, at least) power that seems to come from it.

Power over others. Power over circumstances. Power in attracting women. Power over enemies. Power in controlling one's life.

I'm ultimately tired of feeling weak. Like my whole life up to this point was just due to a cosmic dice roll.
Well damn. At least you're well read. :russ:
But seriously, @Cakebatter gave you some great advice.

If it's power you want then rest assured, power's more like a thread, it'll fit whoever wants to don it. You don't gotta have a specific type of personality for it at all.

But Like breh said, the trip to real power (not perceived) starts at mastery of self.
Go after what is yours. Chase after it earnestly. But find ways to maximize what you DO have in your search for it. A brooding man of few words can have power too. Don't let the lens of personalities cloud your vision.