Is It Safe To Say That Lil Wayne, Kanye, and Gucci Mane

North

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I've never listened to Future and thought Wayne, Wayne fathered Thugga and Chance tho
influence mean futures music had a effect on many artstists musical character and development which he didn't

even desiigner used it as a shtick to blow after the fact

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
influence mean futures music had a effect on many artstists musical character and development which he didn't

even desiigner used it as a shtick to blow after the fact

What?! :pachaha:how is having multiple songs and artist duplicating your sound not influence?

North

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What?! :pachaha:how is having multiple songs and artist duplicating your sound not influence?
what artists are genuinely influenced my future...desiigner isn't even influenced by future its a meme stated by dusthead NY nikkas and he just ran with it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
u kno how many artist are gonna be influenced by Him in the next ten years?

Thread is clearly about the past decade. Unless you got a time machine it's impossible to know who will be considered influential 10 years from now. 10 years ago nobody would've said Wayne, Gucci, or Kanye, either.

Fred.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Drizzy has changed the game period he's made it ok to not only make rap your main Platform he's defied what people think are the basic hip hop ethics like writing your own raps etc he's changed the game where ppl are willing to accept it even if it ain't real he's changed the game where a rapper can do pop star numbers he's made it that one person can put anybody on in the industry with a feature like I said anybody saying he isn't the most influential person of the last ten years in rap is delusional or just a hater every rapper on that list drizzy has surpassed in record selling and popularity the youth are clearly rocking with drizzy the most this GEN
I feel all of that, but that speaks more towards Drake's success as an artist and not his influence

I'll give y'all Bryson Tiller, but I can't say Tory Lanez because Lanez lowkey came out around the time Drake did so how is Drake an influence of his?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Drake is definitely one of the more influential dudes to pop up in the past decade.

I remember 50 saying, "Everybody wanna sound like Drake now." And that was true. After So Far Gone popped, that emotional thing he's always done became the thing for awhile. Wayne said the same. But that's how music is though. If someone new comes around and they blow up almost immediately, people will flock to that sound. I remember downloading this track back in '09 from this dude Young Roc, but it was tagged as a Drake track. For like 4 months, I thought it was him. Turns out it was some dude from Chicago that sounded just like Drake. Gotta give the credit where it's due. He's very easy to hate, but he's been mad influential.

You gotta throw Future in there, I think. Wayne changed the game for awhile too, what he was doing from '08-'10 was just crazy.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
and people need to stop saying Young Thug, Yachty, RHQ etc are influenced by Lil B thats the dumbest shyt ever

Lil B is a fukkin joke, hes a clown no one takes him seriously and I doubt most artists know who the fukk he is

The sound young thug and Yachty etc use is melodic trap that was around way before that corny fakkit lil B

example

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Drake is definitely one of the more influential dudes to pop up in the past decade.

I remember 50 saying, "Everybody wanna sound like Drake now." And that was true. After So Far Gone popped, that emotional thing he's always done became the thing for awhile. Wayne said the same. But that's how music is though. If someone new comes around and they blow up almost immediately, people will flock to that sound. I remember downloading this track back in '09 from this dude Young Roc, but it was tagged as a Drake track. For like 4 months, I thought it was him. Turns out it was some dude from Chicago that sounded just like Drake. Gotta give the credit where it's due. He's very easy to hate, but he's been mad influential.

You gotta throw Future in there, I think. Wayne changed the game for awhile too, what he was doing from '08-'10 was just crazy.
Would you say that kids want to be like Drake when they grow up? Are people dressing like Drake? Is there one thing you can say you wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for Drake?

I'm not trying to come at you, I'm just curious because you made a valid point

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Would you say that kids want to be like Drake when they grow up? Are people dressing like Drake? Is there one thing you can say you wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for Drake?

I'm not trying to come at you, I'm just curious because you made a valid point

I can't make that call.

But I've seen grown ass men on social media looking like Drake clones. Just Blaze was doing this "Drake it to you make it" thing where he was posting everyday dudes who looked like Drake clones. Haha!!

To me, there's impact and there's influence. Chuck D, KRS, Rakim, etc. Those are impactful MC's, to me. They literally changed my life. But they're influential too. But you can have someone who just becomes popular, and they can have influence, without it going beyond whatever they've done with music. That's what I think Drake has done since '09. He's one of the few that consistently sells records, so artists will naturally bite or borrow whatever it is the person that's winning is doing. They did it with Onyx, Das EFX, Snoop, 50, Kanye, etc. It's just how music is.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
I can't make that call.

But I've seen grown ass men on social media looking like Drake clones. Just Blaze was doing this "Drake it to you make it" thing where he was posting everyday dudes who looked like Drake clones. Haha!!

To me, there's impact and there's influence. Chuck D, KRS, Rakim, etc. Those are impactful MC's, to me. They literally changed my life. But they're influential too. But you can have someone who just becomes popular, and they can have influence, without it going beyond whatever they've done with music. That's what I think Drake has done since '09. He's one of the few that consistently sells records, so artists will naturally bite or borrow whatever it is the person that's winning is doing. They did it with Onyx, Das EFX, Snoop, 50, Kanye, etc. It's just how music is.
I do think, in due time, people will start to appreciate Drake's influence. I don't think his influence is that strong though, and that's because he's spent the better part of his career trying to be someone else. I can never recall Gucci, Kanye, or Wayne ever copying or imitating someone's style, and I can honestly say I've met and seen people wanting to be Lil Wayne or Kanye...even street nikkas was following Gucci's style from the lingo down to face tats(though he didn't start it...but he did make it less taboo).

Musically, you can say Drake has been the most influential these past few years, but there's nothing about him that is original, innovative, or trendsetting, and that's why I don't see him being as influential as the ones I named