Is It Society's Fault That Killers Like Jeffrey Dahmer & Charles Manson Came Into Existence?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This comment in my death penalty thread had a breh thinking :patrice: If we had more rehabilitation centers asking the misfits what they wanted out of life there would be a low crime rate. Worked out well for Scandinavia.

The rate of crime and crime in general is a signal of societal failure....

It means your country is shytty....

So because your country is shytty...you throw people in a shyttier place called prison where people are raped and murdered and beaten on a daily basis and then you expect them to come out to be better people....

And the desire to punish is also stupid. The desire to punish leads to violence, violence creates shyttier human beings. Literally. Like you take someone and beat them for 20 years and they'll be dumber and less able to reason and etc.

So when people do bad things to us and then we punish them...we are just making them more prone to do bad things...just so we can feel better about having bad things done to us...

Unless they are a damn axe murderer or serial child rapist or whatever where you can't really do anything to fix them because they are demented and there is neurologically something wrong with them. Yeah those people you kinda have just put away from society. Lock them up and don't let them out because they are too far gone.

Everyone else though... We should take them and put them a nice, safe, secure environment. Should be given the opportunity to do nice pleasant things...like have walks in the park or learn an instrument or go to school....or paint...

You know shyt they probably couldn't do while they are out in society in their shytty living conditions.

Instead of asking them..."Why did yo have to sell drugs" or "Rob this bank..." or "Steal this car..."

Should ask them..."What do you want to do with your life?" or "What makes you happy..." or "How can we help you..."

Then you develop their personality and character and when they are finally objectively better human beings...you release them into society and nobody should know what they did. Should be given new living quarters and should be checked on monthly by government authorities on their progress back into wider society.

The prison model we currently have is based on God and Divine Punishment...where when you fukk up you supposed to go to a terrible place and be humbled...and that just doesn't work...

Welll yeah...Scandinavians do everything better because they aren't as simple-minded and bloodthirsty as Americans....

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The USA was founded and built on criminality. Its no shock it has a high crime rate. Its part of the fabric of the country. Be it violent or cunning crime...its is the fabric of the nation.
True.

My point is that people complain about the U.S. being a high crime rate, but we have to look at how we treat others. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't EXCUSE the criminal's actions. However, we all need to look at ourselves in the mirror. More money should be invested in mental health and the job market instead of the military and prisons.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This comment in my death penalty thread had a breh thinking :patrice: If we had more rehabilitation centers asking the misfits what they wanted out of life there would be a low crime rate. Worked out well for Scandinavia.

Let me put it like this: if an axe murderer cut your mom's head off and raped your sister, would you want him to be "rehabilitated" instead of punished?

We all know the answer.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
There's 340 million people in the USA. Of course there's going to be a couple hundred bad apples. We're talking 0.0001 percent of the population

The odds of there NOT being a modern day Dahmer, Unabomber is crazy. Especially probably in those rural areas in the middle of nowhere

You can't even stop these acts unless you wanna let the govt track all our phones and thoughts on some Minority Report shyt.

Shang Tsung

All Star
Daps
Nah, Dahmer was just one sick twisted fukked up man
Watched a documentary about him. he planned to knock a jogger out and then lie next to his unconscious body when he was a teen. plus he began mutilating road kill and small animals when he was a kid. How is any of that society's fault?

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Let me put it like this: if an axe murderer cut your mom's head off and raped your sister, would you want him to be "rehabilitated" instead of punished?

We all know the answer.
I'm the only child and I would want the axe murderer to receive his consequence for his action. However, if that axe murderer was to get released from prison, then I would want him to be FULLY rehabilitated. Something that the U.S. knows hardly anything about.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Nah, Dahmer was just one sick twisted fukked up man
Watched a documentary about him. he planned to knock a jogger out and then lie next to his unconscious body when he was a teen. plus he began mutilating road kill and small animals when he was a kid. How is any of that society's fault?
I said people like and Manson was a misfit. Most of these killers besides Dahmer had a shytty childhood.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'm the only child and I would want the axe murderer to receive his consequence for his action. However, if that axe murderer was to get released from prison, then I would want him to be FULLY rehabilitated. Something that the U.S. knows hardly anything about.

The US system is primarily (at least in theory) concerned with justice and punishing evil, criminal acts, not rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is not in the constitution and is not the responsibility of the state.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The US system is primarily (at least in theory) concerned with justice and punishing evil, criminal acts, not rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is not in the constitution and is not the responsibility of the state.
Neither is killing people playing the role of g-d.