IS it worth it to get a new PC right now or just wait for PS5 supply to replenish?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Considering building my first PC, but I'm looking at the cost of video cards and processors :patrice: and I'm not really noticing whether ray tracing is worth the extra 100 or 200 for a newer video card. What would I potentially be missing out on if I skip the high end PC?

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
I would wait to build a pc. But all the options you have to play games is so worth going pc in the end

• Dap
Reactions: B86

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
IS it worth it to get a new PC right now? Building a new PC, not upgrading? No, wait for now. Search for the 5 instead. it's ultimately your decision to make though in the end.

One thing's for certain. If PS4 & PC (and maybe Switch) was the best combo last gen. PS5 & PC (and maybe Switch) is still the way to go this gen.
Depending on what games you did/didn't play last gen. PS5 may be kind of dry right now. But if you're like me, and didn't play every Sony hit last gen. You'll be good when it comes to games to play. Backwards Compatibility is great. Some games are locked 60 now. Sony has the PS collection available with PS Plus right now to.

When you do build your PC. Don't cheap out on parts (you'll want to prevent bottlenecks, and if you can't get some of the best parts you may as well just stick to consoles). Don't get ripped off because folk are price gauging. But still don't cheap out. Pay MSRP or close to it. Used parts are an option as well.
Don't build an equivalent to the consoles, or something marginally better than the Series X. Imo when building a PC you'll want to go balls to the wall. If you're budget is tight, save up because again, DON'T CHEAP OUT. My first PC i cheaped out on the CPU & PSU etc, and just used my laptop's HDD. Rookie mistakes.

Speaking of rookie mistakes. It's damn near impossible to break any of these expensive parts when building a PC. EXCEPT THE CPU. BE CAREFUL WITH THE CPU & SEATING THE CPU. THOSE PINS (AMD) WILL BREAK. If one pin is bent it's a wrap for the whole cpu unless you know how to solder. Motherboards are pretty durable these days but still be careful not to press too hard on that either.

Building a PC is like snapping in Lego's for the most part. You may be nervous the first time but don't be. Difficulty is like a 4\10 the first time. 1/10 anytime after that.

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
If your pc is going to pay for itself via work or you're a pro gamer, then it's just a business expense.

If you're just a gaming enthusiast who wants the high end stuff just because...then honestly this is the absolute worst time to be building a pc. Prices are ridiculous.