IS it worth it to get a new PC right now or just wait for PS5 supply to replenish?

Nahmeanz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what games will you be playing?

I thought about building a PC but didn't really see any games I wanted to play that I couldn't play on my PS5. Still thinking about building one just for FFXIV because I'm bored but don't want to waste money.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are going to be playing the same things or less on PC even if you build it now...

This just get it on PC trend is funny but just means everyone is just gonna end up with a PC, steam, gamepass and PS5

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
You are going to be playing the same things or less on PC even if you build it now...

This just get it on PC trend is funny but just means everyone is just gonna end up with a PC, steam, and PS5

Fixed that for you boss

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Everything is hard to get right now. With a lot of effort I managed to get a 3080 and a 5900x but it was harder than the PS5 I got.

It's an expensive (and addicting) hobby. If you want to play competitive games (shooters) it is def the best way to experience them at high refresh rates/framerates and with mouse and keyboard. I'm getting like 200+ fps in Warzone with aliasing on and everything up on 1440. That's wild. Once you play at these frames it's hard to play any other way.

The framerates and M/kb are the main reason I have one.

It's expensive though. Monitor like 600, gpu like 800, cpu like 600, motherboard like 200, ram like 120, cooler 120, case 120, psu 200, extra fans 50. It really adds up.

It's a fun hobby though, kind of like being into working on your car. Constantly tuning and optimizing, and slowly adding things along the way.

Like others have suggested it may be most economical to buy a pre-built right now (crazy to say).

Also mods are nice. For instance someone unlocked the framerate in Sekiro with a mod. I added a mod in Witcher 3 to fast travel from anywhere (:whoo:)

The next gen consoles are def more bang for your buck though.