Is Mike Tyson a consensus Top10 Heavyweight of All Time or no?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Are you really posting that list like its some bullshyt breh?!?! :dahell:
No I posted it cause it looks similar to Tyson. A few names we remember. Some of the same names as Tyson. A few champs, just like Tyson. A few washed up legends, like Tyson.

We compare up to when they both won their first title, let’s not act like Holyfield was out here fighting gods and Tyson was fighting my barber

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
No I posted it cause it looks similar to Tyson. A few names we remember. Some of the same names as Tyson. A few champs, just like Tyson. A few washed up legends, like Tyson.

We compare up to when they both won their first title, let’s not act like Holyfield wHoas out here fighting gods and Tyson was fighting my barber
Okay then why'd you include the cruiser weight part? lol Holy the best cruiserweight ever

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Okay then why'd you include the cruiser weight part? lol Holy the best cruiserweight ever
Cause that was the first title. If I start at heavyweight it’d be short. And worse. Since he lost a lot of heavyweight fights

My point was dude posted Tyson’s first fights till the title. So I posted Holyfield’s. They was beating the same type of dudes. And Holyfield was losing a lot more and earlier in his career than mike

I’m just saying it ain’t no leaps and bounds like dudes trying to say

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Cause that was the first title. If I start at heavyweight it’d be short. And worse. Since he lost a lot of heavyweight fights

My point was dude posted Tyson’s first fights till the title. So I posted Holyfield’s. They was beating the same type of dudes. And Holyfield was losing a lot more and earlier in his career than mike

I’m just saying it ain’t no leaps and bounds like dudes trying to say
I guess you’re saying you’re including his cruiser weight career?!? Which would be insane because like I said Holy is the best CW ever and many would agree with me.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
based on resume he's not
if we look at it from the "who would win prime vs prime" angle I have no problem with Tyson being top 10 on people's list though.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
I did some Googling and EVERYONE's list has him top 8-10. Couldnt find one that didnt and those people live off Covering the sport.

heavyweights-chart1.jpg
they fukk up when they put mike ahead of sonny liston.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Why the hell not he sucked he sucked..like i said name one great heavyweight mike beat. Post his run up to winning the title i guarantee you dont know none of them nikkas except Frazier son and maybe one or two others..

Alex stewart was good and Trevor burbick

Would of loved to see Mike against Riddikk bowe or Michael dokes

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
Trevor berbick sucked..Alex stewart had a big right hand but didnt fight tall enough. Riddikk would of killed Mike would of jabbed him to death and smothered him to death. Too big and definitely not scared. Styles makes fights

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I always said
Prime tyson is similar prime shaq
And is similar to prime 50

Those 3 at their prime were untouchable but fell off due to different reasons
Prime Shaq didnt fall off..he had CV to deal with Michael Jordan aka the greatest ever and his teams never really played to his level even before that. It was Shaq against the world pre Lakers.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
I’m still trying to figure out when his prime was.

To answer the OP, no.

Mike Tyson never really dominated the heavyweight division.

:dwillhuh:

breh was the youngest undisputed champ that unified belts

how is that not "dominate"

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Mike is easily a top 10 HW...

Every time you see a list that doesn't have Tyson as a top 10 HW its because it probably has two of these three on it Dempsey, Jeffries,Tunney, Fitzsimmons...None of those dudes were better than prime Tyson, they all fought cans...That piece of shyt Dempsey used loaded gloves...

I got both Lennox and Mike in my top 10...

Ali
Louis
Johnson
Foreman
Frazier
Liston
Marciano
Holmes
Lewis
Tyson

Last edited:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Ive said this all my life. I said it when he fighting..if you was alive and watching you would of possibly said the same. nikkas didnt get in the ring with Mike with any intention of winning. They fought for the payday..to last as long as they could to get their money. Running and holding..until Douglas. Nobody is denying his speed his power. But boxing isnt just about that..its a mental game too. And thats what Mike lacked when going against guys who werent scared of him.
:francis:

We used to watch all his fights.

And most of his opponents weren't goats but, some were very good and he destroyed them.

Remember back then he was the most feared man on the planet:wow:

Or are you all too young or too ridiculous to remember?

No prison sentence and he would have best the other couple goats at the time.... They got lucky that he was rusty because physically they couldn't match him.