Is Mike Tyson a consensus Top10 Heavyweight of All Time or no?

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BC we certainly can't put him ahead of Lennox Lewis or Evander Holyfield....and u have solidified GREATS like Ali, Joe Louis, Frazier, Foreman that's on everyone's list.

The more I think about it....I don't think Tyson makes the cut:jbhmm:

Jermio

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BC we certainly can't put him ahead of Lennox Lewis or Evander Holyfield....and u have solidified GREATS like Ali, Joe Louis, Frazier, Foreman that's on everyone's list.

The more I think about it....I don't think Tyson makes the cut:jbhmm:

:wtf: Da fukk are you talking about? Tyson's prime is arguably equivalent to Shaq's. The mix of power, speed, technique, and ferocity makes Tyson absolutely legendary under any metric.

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a damn shame we never saw prime Holyfield-Tyson in 1991, because I think Tyson would have beaten him at that time.
nope.

Evander was always a better fighter/boxer than Mike, and Evander was never scared of Mike either, even as kids, so Tyson's psychological advantage wouldn't have mattered with Holyfield.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yes, he's top 10. I don't want to make excuses but he was robbed of years in his prime and he was never going to be the same after that. He never was. He was still a tough muthafukka and could beat most heavyweights but you can't lose years like that and then expect to beat Evander and Lewis.

He was wasting his talents prior to the Douglas fight tho. death hit him hard out here drinking and fukking whores not giving a fukk... probably got robbed in the fight too, Douglas was down for 10 :manny:

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: Da fukk are you talking about? Tyson's prime is arguably equivalent to Shaq's. The mix of power, speed, technique, and ferocity makes Tyson absolutely legendary under any metric.
shut up.

Mike is 0-3 against those guys professionally

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
nope.

Evander was always a better fighter/boxer than Mike, and Evander was never scared of Mike either, even as kids, so Tyson's psychological advantage wouldn't have mattered with Holyfield.
It would have been a good fight indeed, but I still think Tyson gets him. Wasn't the original fight supposed to take place after the 1st Ruddock fight?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
source.gif

Prime Tyson was the GOAT

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I have Prime Tyson next to Prime Roy Jones in terms of best I've ever seen. The speed unnerved so many fighters.

Dude was 21-4 against fighters over 6'3. In a sport where height is clearly an advantage. I wonder who has a similar feat against fighters half a foot taller.:wow:

Dude is the short fighter blueprint and accepted boxing standard when people ask trainers how to fight a taller fighter.

Both rare and unique fighters. Can't believe people downplay them.

Last edited: