Is rap battling getting old?

unseen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this rap battle shyt is corny. especially all this shyt they doing now with no battling to a beat. just doing spoken word shyt for like half an hour. shyt corny.

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's getting wattered down....

68a7c239a939540286578afeb4d730b07a7633bc.jpg

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
A nicca aksed me if rap battling was old.
I said "naw-rap battling was cold".
So cold it's frostbitten -
So thaw tha fucc out, whilst I kick this spittin'.
And I ain't kickin' writtens
I'm comin' off da head like the lice condition
You got a comb and Rix?
Then work that chit out, ya punk-ass trizzizzicks.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I think it's getting wattered down...too many sh1tty leagues popping up out of nowhere trying to be URL.

I also find the big venue battles to be not so good...the smaller venues with the smaller crowds >>>>

I also find myself enjoying the proving ground n1ggas more enjoyable than the "top-tier" dudes and their slogans. Tone Montana is dope as fukk to me. So is Ill Will and Bigg K.

most of those leagues are one and done...and they don't last that long because they not true to the culture and fans don't fukk with them. I only sub to the major 3 imo (URL, KOTD, UW) leagues that have been around for a few years now and have nurtured the culture to where it is now. And those big events at big venues are necessary to earn more revenue (ex. Circoc sponsoring Summer Madness 2 last year)

rahji

I ain't never seen no talking winning nothing.
Daps
Reppin
Glenlivet
I can understand the initial question if we rephrase a bit. Is it old to see the same nikkas coming out with the same bullshyt, no effort or just repeatedly using one formula? Sure. Is it getting played out to hear certain dudes talk about guns when they can't recognize a gun name or do some real life bytch shyt? Yup. Is it getting frustrating to see leagues like don't flop where the subject matter is about the opponent the whole time but there is also respect amongst the MCs and a respectful crowd? Sometimes.

BUT- from where this battle shyt was at, to where it's at now, it's super exciting for a real fan to see the culture evolve and follow MCs as they grow and home their skills. The creativity in the battle scene is way crazier than it ever was.

So thanks for that OP and fukk you breh. :bryan:

• Dap
Reactions: CJ