Is Steph Curry on his way to passing up Zeke & Stockton & being the 2nd best PG after Magic?

Daps
No matter what you think should be the measure for all time rankings, people still go with accolades and numbers.
Even though i agree with you..
And on this note, if you agree with me on this front, there's really no point in hanging your entire argument on accolades/box score #s.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
giphy.gif

You do realize that a basketball skillset is based primarily on shooting/scoring, right? So with that said, how can we put that "aside"?

I will keep that in mind for future references :sas2:

In a general manner, yes, Curry is better than Magic in those areas. Y'all dudes forget that Magic couldn't dribble with his left-hand, and he couldn't break down his defender with his dribble either (his go-to move was backing down smaller defenders with a live dribble - not taking them off the dribble - but using his frame as a shield), therefore, that restricted what type of playmaking he could do (especially given the era he played in), which was primarily pushing the ball in transition and feeding players when the double-team came in the half-court.

:mjlol: @ the bolded part

ive seen :flabbynsick: magic from my own eyes, breaking down defense from the post. whatare you saying

He could manipulate the ball better than Curry could (due to the size of his hands), but that's about it. Steph was heralded as "the best passer in college basketball" at one point, but that gets glossed over because of his shooting ability being at the forefront. Which speaks to a common theme when the basketball public value/compare players: they underate attributes of scorers/shooters, but overrate attributes of non-scorers/shooters, which is basically ingrained in our sporting-subconscious to level the playing field by trying to give added value to those who aren't the main contributors (e.g. scoring for basketball) in their respective field.

:manny:

:picard:

Curry stans y'all

And on this note, if you agree with me on this front, there's really no point in hanging your entire argument on accolades/box score #s.

Im not :manny:

it just confirms that Curry has a long way ahead before even surpassing Magic. Nothing wrong with being #2 tho

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the season he passes Durant in most eyes

In reality he did it during his 2nd MVP year.

Remember Durant came to play with Curry not the other way around

It was never Durant’s team. Curry just made room for him.

Durant has regressed. Not saying he won’t pass up Curry in the years to come. But as for now everyone should have Curry>Durant

Even sports media are back to calling curry the 2nd best player in the league :banderas: