Is the American work ethic dying?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I have so many European friends that left NYC after a few years. The one consistent complaint is that American work culture is incredibly toxic -- steeped in bragging about how much you work and shaming people for using all of their vacation time (which is already pretty shyt in comparison to their home countries)

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's what American companies fail to understand that Japan, Korea and certain parts of Europe already get though.

If the product is good, and wages are fair, people will spend the money. It's not hard. People still buy Cadillacs and Benzes, charging an extra 10 cents for a Big Mac isn't going to cause people to riot. ESPECIALLY if its guaranteed to go back to the workers. Consumer have become more conspicuous over the past 25 years.

Its not about the product being good. Its about the labor rates to make sure the stock holders, execs, VPs and CEOs get profits, increase in salary and bonuses.

Its all tied to the labor rates. If McDonalds could outsource their jobs to china, mexico and india they would...for the cheap labor rates. But at this time their is no teleportation machine where you could order your hamburger from india and get in 30 seconds. So they have the McDonald's here in America...and to still get profits they make sure folks labor rates are low hence the cheap hourly pay.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjpls:

Basically pull yourselves up by your bootstraps. :mjpls:

Working your ass off isn't what gets you a better wage also. I think a lot of you guys are too disconnected from lower level work life to really have an opinion on it.

I am not a bootstrapper. Also, I can speak on whatever I want just like you.

My point is simple. Earn your keep! How you do it is on you!

If you wanna succeed in life, then you have to put in the work to make that happen. You will never be rich working for someone else. You can be rich if you work for yourself.

I don't know about you, but I bust my ass to have the lil shyt I got which could be attained by anyone who also works hard.

Not sure what you are trying to say, but if you have the solution to things, then speak on it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Its not about the product being good. Its about the labor rates to make sure the stock holders, execs, VPs and CEOs get profits, increase in salary and bonuses.

Its all tied to the labor rates. If McDonalds could outsource their jobs to china, mexico and india they would...for the cheap labor rates. But at this time their is no teleportation machine where you could order your hamburger from india and get in 30 seconds. So they have the McDonald's here in America...and to still get profits they make sure folks labor rates are low hence the cheap hourly pay.

My point in saying that is that American consumers WILL pay more if the product is good and there's extra incentive (good for environment, bigger cut goes to wages or charity, etc)
It's how Tom's and other companies built their entire model.