Is the 'Curb Stomp' really a viable finisher for a future main eventer?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Personally I think it's kinda wack, especially given the talent Seth Rollins has.

It's just not high impact enough for me to take seriously as a potential WORLD TITLE winning finisher on the big stage.

Seems like it's more of a secondary set-up finisher.

Maybe he'll come up w/ something else.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If people sell it like Brock, it would be a dope finisher. It does looks like a set up move most of the time though. But I'm glad Seth is not killing himself doing a Phoenix Splash every Monday.

Dirty Deeds needs to go too. That shyt has never been over as a move (remember when Jericho tried to use it as his new finisher in 01' :mjlol:) and always looks horrible.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Not only Rollins. Ambrose needs another finisher too. Let Adam Rose use that struggle deeds.

God yes Dirty Deeds is horrible for Ambrose. Miz actually did on Smackdown and it looked a thousand times better than Dean's. I was like :sadcam:

Seth should use the Avada Kedavra more often until he gets something else. The setup to the curbstomp seems really contrived most times.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
God yes Dirty Deeds is horrible for Ambrose. Miz actually did on Smackdown and it looked a thousand times better than Dean's. I was like :sadcam:

Seth should use the Avada Kedavra more often until he gets something else. The setup to the curbstomp seems really contrived most times.

Naw his setup is the powerbomb to the turnbuckle then into the curb stomp that is an excellent setup to finisher combo. And the curb stomp is LEGIT. When he first broke from the sheild most ppl didn't get their hands up to guard their face and it looked nasty. But recently whoever is taking it is getting their hand up so it takes way the effect of it.

Dirty Deeds is okay imo I just think whoever is taking their heads need to connect with the mat a little more.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Man, ppl have been using a football tackle as a finish for damn near 20 years. I think he'll be okay with this.

other than Rhyno, I never bought a spear as a legit finisher.

Not Edge
not Roman Reigns
even Goldbergs spear was a set up move
Not only Rollins. Ambrose needs another finisher too. Let Adam Rose use that struggle deeds.

off the top of my head, I cant even remember what Dirty Deeds looks like.

Not to mention that name alone is corny as hell

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
not only that..but its a clear and direct reference to American History X..and with all the claims of racism towards them i literally have no idea how nothing has been made of it

it wil eventually. Fans will get curious and Google 'curb stomp' since obviously a ring mat is nothing like a curb.