Is the 'Curb Stomp' really a viable finisher for a future main eventer?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
They wont let him use God's Last Gift and everyone and their mother uses a superkick now. When he goes face he might start doing the Phoenix Splash, which is :wow:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Naw his setup is the powerbomb to the turnbuckle then into the curb stomp that is an excellent setup to finisher combo. And the curb stomp is LEGIT. When he first broke from the sheild most ppl didn't get their hands up to guard their face and it looked nasty. But recently whoever is taking it is getting their hand up so it takes way the effect of it.

Dirty Deeds is okay imo I just think whoever is taking their heads need to connect with the mat a little more.

That's exactly what I meant. The opponent has to stumble all the way to the center of the ring and drop on one knee. It just looks bad to me. Not as bad as Roman's 619-esque drop kick setup, but still contrived.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
it wil eventually. Fans will get curious and Google 'curb stomp' since obviously a ring mat is nothing like a curb.

Just googled it and while it is attached to some bullshyt it's still a nice finisher. But honestly we as a society gotta grow thicker skin. I mean 15 yrs ago during the attitude era we had upskirts, bra & panties matches, ass in thong shots, chair shots to the head, blood.

But now they stop the match if there is blood. We don't get the divas really giving us what we want which is bare ass in thongs. Even in the NFL all this protecting about helmet to helmet hits this society has gone completely soft.

I hope this is not about to turn into a racial thing becuz his finisher is called the curb stomp becuz that would be p*ssy of anybody that take it there.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
That's exactly what I meant. The opponent has to stumble all the way to the center of the ring and drop on one knee. It just looks bad to me. Not as bad as Roman's 619-esque drop kick setup, but still contrived.

Why wouldn't they stumble if they just got dropped back first on the top turnbuckle? Try that combo on wwe 2k14 and you'll see it is perfect harmony for a sig/finisher combo!

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Eh, as far as setups its a lot more believable than most of them. All they have to do is stumble and fall down after getting thrown into the corner.

Thats a lot better than "let me take two shoulder blocks and then immediately swing wildly the exact same way everyone has done in every match with 0% success rate for the last 10 years. After being backdropped, let me lie here while Cena dances and then quickly stagger to my feet while dazed after he hits me so I can lose."

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not only Rollins. Ambrose needs another finisher too. Let Adam Rose use that struggle deeds.
It's fine as a set-up or signature move. Too awkward looking for a finisher and not many people can take it well enough for it to look impactful.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Yeah Dirty Deeds is weak as is. It would be sick in a Strong Style fed where guys could sell and work stiff, but not in neutered WWE. To make things worse, everyone is using some similar variation.

What sucks is all his old finishes and sigs are already used by other WWE guys. The Mignight Special woulda been good but Sheamus decided he needed 10 finishers. :beli:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
other than Rhyno, I never bought a spear as a legit finisher.

Not Edge
not Roman Reigns
even Goldbergs spear was a set up move

Yea, but three out of the four (if you count ECW, then all) were or are main eventers. I know LOLTNALOL but Lashley also uses it. I'm not defending it because I think it's wack, but guys have gone to the top with much worse.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Yea, but three out of the four (if you count ECW, then all) were or are main eventers. I know LOLTNALOL but Lashley also uses it. I'm not defending it because I think it's wack, but guys have gone to the top with much worse.
Funny that the one that made it look most legit was the only guy that didnt main event

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
It's fine as a finisher. The biggest part of it is the person selling it & how good they can make it look. RVD for example can make it look great.

He can't really do a top rope move until they turn him face.