Is the godfather scene about black people the most important scene in cinema history?

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
As a kid I thought the same. The movie was long and boring with a few shocking scenes thrown in between. I appreciated it as I got older.

The book is awesome. I like the character development of Michael. The man who tried to separate himself from the family business, being the clean cut hope of the family turning into a ruthless crime boss. So ruthless he even scared his family.

Exactly you have to have some patience. I didn't watch the movie till I was in my twenties that's probably why it appeals to me more. Also in the book he talked a whole lot about how they have most of their operations in black neighborhoods. If fact they get upset that black people were even mentioned in the commission segment of the book.

However, when they go to war they do give black men props for snatching back all the rackets from the Italian while they were in turmoil. The fact that so many young guys here so reactionary bothers me. They just took a little time and watch the movie they will see exactly what I was trying to say.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
The scene in Godfather of Harlem was even worse.
I have yet to see that show man I really don't have time to keep up with all the new stuff. I haven't actually sat down to watch The Godfather in over 10 years.

I've always liked the same because Neely Fuller always referred to it.

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
You haven't even said what your issue is man. You got me going back and forth with you about absolutely nothing. What's up?
You keep on trolling like a lame white boy but wonder why you get non-serious answers, this thread is an example of that.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Little known fact is that when the movie was released some blacks folks and civil rights activists even called for a boycott of the movie because of that racist line.

And if I remember correctly word got out that there was more racist comments about black folks was in the movie and due to pressure it was edited out. I even believe there was an old ebony article or page on the controversy.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
You keep on trolling like a lame white boy but wonder why you get non-serious answers, this thread is an example of that.

Everyone who doesn't agree with you isn't white. You want to avoid thread about racism if you can't handle matter with getting upset.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
fukk them movies and all rappers with a mafioso name.:pacspit:

My rapper name would be something Black and positive. I even got it all mapped out. My name would be Banneker and my debut album would be I Gave You Enough Time