Is the Witcher 3 worth 30 bucks on steam?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I try not to buy games that cost over 10 bucks and I've never beat 1 and 2 but the game looks amazing. Should I buy it now? Or wait?

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's a heavily story based RPG, you speak to person A who sends you to person B, use witcher senses, then walk around to Town C etc. The characters and story are well done, graphics are great given the scale but the gameplay, for me at least, was none existent. Not trying to shyt on it as that could very well appeal to you. I'm sure it's sub 20 on consoles if you've got one, perhaps go down that route.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's a heavily story based RPG, you speak to person A who sends you to person B, use witcher senses, then walk around to Town C etc. The characters and story are well done, graphics are great given the scale but the gameplay, for me at least, was none existent. Not trying to shyt on it as that could very well appeal to you.
I'm a big story guy. I want some game play though.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'd perhaps wait till it dropped a bit more then. I bought it thinking I was gonna be slaying monsters/beasts at every corner. No exaggeration when I say at least 80% of the game involves running around, riding your horse, or talking to NPCs. That said, it's a lot of people's GOTY so you might get some joy from it.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's the GOTY. There's plenty of combat, but it is a story based game. It's the best RPG of the last few years if you ask me. It's definitely worth $30. Get the season pass too. The first expansion was good, and the second is supposed to be 20 hours, and drops sometime before June.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's the GOTY. There's plenty of combat, but it is a story based game. It's the best RPG of the last few years if you ask me. It's definitely worth $30. Get the season pass too. The first expansion was good, and the second is supposed to be 20 hours, and drops sometime before June.
I might weight I just bought legend of heroes celestian tales and darkest dungeon

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but it has gameplay problems, namely the combat, the 'feel' of Geralt, the camera and the over-arching story is pretty generic.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
If it's anything like the Witcher 2 then I wouldn't play that shyt for free.
But some dudes loved it.
If you like running around and talking to NPC characters, running around some more, picking up something, then running all the way back to where you started with some lame combat sprinkled in, then it may be your GOTY.