Is the Witcher 3 worth 30 bucks on steam?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Yeah but it has gameplay problems, namely the combat, the 'feel' of Geralt, the camera and the over-arching story is pretty generic.
Not to mention that riding that fukking horse. That shyt is terrible.

Game is great though. Some of the mechanics leave a lot to be desired, but I find the gameplay pretty good.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nah SoM won some awards as well as DAI.
Not game of the year awards though. I think it won some action game awards. Could be wrong, but I though the general critical consensus was that DA:I was game of the year. :yeshrug:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:yeshrug: What a shytty year last year when a sub-85 game wins GOTY. Last year was so bad. Dragon age wasn't even that good (worst in the series, imo). I know you don't like open-world games, but this year was so much better for me. Witcher 3 deserves all the recognition it gets. Fallout 4 was just meh; an 80 type game full of boring fetch quests. At least the Witcher had interesting side quests and a good story.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:yeshrug: What a shytty year last year when a sub-85 game wins GOTY. Last year was so bad. Dragon age wasn't even that good (worst in the series, imo). I know you don't like open-world games, but this year was so much better for me. Witcher 3 deserves all the recognition it gets. Fallout 4 was just meh; an 80 type game full of boring fetch quests. At least the Witcher had interesting side quests and a good story.
Its not that I dont like open world games,its that I dont like the lazy cookie cutter design of open world games currently.

The design has limitless potential and all devs can do is create check lists and have you travel from 1 side of the map to the next to do missions to artificially pad the length of time playing so gamers feel theyre getting more for their purchase. Its just a big huge time sink and I always get bored halfway through. Its bad game design to me :yeshrug: creating a well paced campaign takes skill,and its lost on most current open world games.

That said,I just bought witcher 3 this week since it was on sale.

I started playing witcher 2 a couple weeks ago on 360,its alright but nothing amazing. Its very dated gameplay and graphics wise so Im not sure if Im going to finish it.

I'll see how I like 3 but shyt better be on point for all the praise bestowed upon it :ufdup: