Is there a scoring flu going round in the NBA?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
AN ALL-STAR AND A ONCE IN A LIFETIME REVENGE STORY BACK IN THEM DAYS

WHATS UR POINT AGAIN?

Michael Adams being an all-star at 5'11" with his skill set doesn't help your case. :mjlol:

Dawg had a wack-ass jump shot, terrible form on layups, no strength, no hops....and still averaged 27ppg one year in those "tough" 1990s.

I had to time stamp this play though, this is just too much. :russ::russ::russ:

And how people talking about dribbling moves when Michael Adams carried the shyt out of the ball all the time? :ohhh:

Imagine what Kyrie would have done to THOSE defenders. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Here's the thing.. i appreciate what you try to do but at the end of the day it's different eras. Dude did not grow up in the 2010s with modern technology. You can't argue what he would or could have done because he wasn't from the time.

Furthermore.. if you traveled to 1990 nobody is going to score 50 pts off 9 made threes. They aren't gonna shoot it that much...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Josh Hart scoring 44 says all you need to know

NBA is done

Michael Adams scored 54 in the 1990s despite being 5'11" with a wack jumper and being way uglier near the basket too.

Compare this video to the Michael Adams video I posted and tell me who looks like the superior scorer. Hart has more polished handles, more polished game at the basket, and 100x more polished jump shot plus is 6" taller.

The fact that being a strong 6'5" with 3pt range who can finish inside isn't enough to be an elite NBA guard anymore is just an indication of how far skills have advanced in the NBA.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Michael Adams being an all-star at 5'11" with his skill set doesn't help your case. :mjlol:

Dawg had a wack-ass jump shot, terrible form on layups, no strength, no hops....and still averaged 27ppg one year in those "tough" 1990s.

And how people talking about dribbling moves when Michael Adams carried the shyt out of the ball all the time? :ohhh:

:gucci:WHY YOU nikkaS
ALWAYS MENTIONING MICHAEL ADAMS
LIKE HE WASNT IN A GIMMICK OFFENSE
ON 20-62 TEAM?

THEY WERE 1ST IN PTS SCORED (120)
AND LAST IN POINTS AGAINST (131)
MEANING HE WAS PLAYING
IN GARBAGE TIME ALL THE TIME
LIKE BRON THIS YR.

DUDE AVERAGED 20PTS ONE
TIME IN HIS WHOLE CAREER ON 39%FG.

:devil:
:evil:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Here's the thing.. i appreciate what you try to do but at the end of the day it's different eras. Dude did not grow up in the 2010s with modern technology. You can't argue what he would or could have done because he wasn't from the time.

What does "from the time" have jack shyt to do with anything?

I'm not trying to imagine some mythical reality where Kyrie grows up at a different time or in a different culture. I am talking about how well the exact skills that Kyrie has right now would have translated against 1990s defenders under 1990s rules.

Furthermore.. if you traveled to 1990 nobody is going to score 50 pts off 9 made threes. They aren't gonna shoot it that much...

Bullshyt - Michael Adams who I just posted had a 54-point game in 1991 where he took 16 threes. Averaged 8.5 threes/game that year. And his shooting form was WACK.

John Starks averaged almost 8 threes/game one year. So did Dennis Scott. So did Tim Hardaway. Mookie Blaylock did it twice. Vernon Maxwell averaged 7 threes/game. So did Dan Majerle. George McCloud beats them all, averaging 8.6 threes/year in 1996.

And NONE of those guys had nearly the 3pt shot or ability to get it off that Kyrie has. On the right team there is no reason at all that Kyrie wouldn't have been allowed to shoot more than any of them.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:gucci:WHY YOU nikkaS
ALWAYS MENTIONING MICHAEL ADAMS
LIKE HE WASNT IN A GIMMICK OFFENSE
ON 20-62 TEAM?

DUDE AVERAGED 20PTS ONE
TIME IN HIS WHOLE CAREER ON 39%FG.
:devil:
:evil:

So it's okay to dismiss the NBA due to one game by Josh Hart against one of the worst defenses in the NBA but we can't mention an entire season by Michael Adams. :mjlol:

Michael Adams is easy to point out because he didn't have a long career so he doesn't have the mythical nostalgia aura built up around him that every other 1990s player got. It would be less popular if I pointed out that Chris Mullin had the exact same skill set that Josh Hart has and rode it to 5 straight seasons averaging 25+ ppg in the 1990s.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And NONE of those guys had nearly the 3pt shot or ability to get it off that Kyrie has. On the right team there is no reason at all that Kyrie wouldn't have been allowed to shoot more than any of them.

Breh.. just stop. Hardaway averaged 1 3-pt attempt a game in '90 and then 3 attempts in '91. He wasn't regularly shooting threes until the mid 90s. The game was not the game now.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh.. just stop. Hardaway averaged 1 3-pt attempt a game in '90 and then 3 attempts in '91. He wasn't regularly shooting threes until the mid 90s. The game was not the game now.

I named SEVEN players including guys who put up plenty of 3pts starting in 1991 and you just cherry-pick that one of them was 1995? :bryan:

And how is 1995 not part of the 1990s anymore? :why:

You don't have an argument. What Kyrie did against 2022 defense would have been easier to do against 1990s defense. Claiming "But the coaches wouldn't have let him shoot those threes!" doesn't change the fact that the defense couldn't have stopped it if he did.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No zone
No double teams
Illegal defense

:mjgrin:

They don't even realize how much easier it would have been for some of these players to destroy a man defense in the 1990s.

The new rules don't help every player. But the players who can beat a guy one-on-one and create their own shot? They would have feasted in that era.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

HE SCORED 26 PPG ON 39% FROM THE FIELD

WOULDA BEEN 49% IN TODAYS GAME

HE COULDNT SHOOT BUT AVERAGED 85% FROM THE LINE ON HIS CAREER

DO BETTER

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Barrett - 46 on February 25th
Trae - 41 on February 26th
Ja - 46 on February 26th
Ja again - 52 on February 28th
Fox - 44 on March 5th
Lebron - 56 on March 5th
Middleton - 44 on March 6th
Jokic - 46 on March 6th
Tatum - 54 on March 6th
Joel - 43 on March 7th
Randle - 46 on March 7th
Garland - 41 on March 8th
Kyrie - 50 on March 8th
Giannis - 43 on March 9th
Tatum again - 44 on March 9th
Trent - 42 on March 11th
Lebron again - 50 on March 11th
Fox again - 41 on March 12th
Hart - 44 on March 12th
Clarkson - 45 on March 12th
Trae - 47 on March 13th
KD - 53 on March 13th
Trae again - 46 on March 14th
Steph - 47 on March 14th
KAT - 60 on March 14th (franchise record)
Kyrie - 60 on March 15th (franchise record)

Defensive concepts and schemes may be more complex than ever but that dont mean shyt when players are allowed to travel, carry, push off with their bigs throwing out illegal screens every other possession uncalled. All the while defenders cant touch players, cant handcheck, defensive 3 secs.... We had nikkas playing defense on some players with they hand behind they back b/c of how abusive offensive players have gotten :mjlol: Giannis b2b NBA MVP was getting shut down by Brazilian 40yo PGs overseas looking lost without NBA rules and spacing and come back to be a league leader NBA in scoring :picard: crying about it being harder to score overseas with the packed paints and having actual defensive rules :why:

Dy6jmagU0AAngKi.jpg:large

e5szcwkztvf71.jpg

NBA is done :wow: I still watch but when this era the Bron, KD, Steph, Kawhi and em is over and we get the next batch which most already here I may stop if they dont allow defensive rules :scust:

like 99% of people on this list are all stars :gucci:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
No zone
No double teams
Illegal defense

:mjgrin:

ZONE D MAKES ISH EASIER ON THE OFFENSE. U GIVE UP THE JUMPSHOT WIT ZONE, WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY HOW MOST PLAYERS SCORE IN TODAYS GAME

THERE WAS NO DEFENSIVE 3 SECONDS PRE 01

OF COURSE THERE WAS DOUBLE TEAMING.. WHERE TF DID U GET THIS? DOUBLE TEAMING THE PAINT WAS EVEN EASIER BEFORE THE RULE CHANGE

NOT TO MENTION THE REMOVAL OF HANDCHECKING SMH

U EXPOSIN THE CASUAL IN YASELF FAM