Is there anything lonelier than “Conscious” Black Men?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
We were sold by our own people and they brought us here to be slaves. Created a class system where we were forever be at the bottom. Killed our people when they started to create their own wealth. Convinced the black woman into fighting for something she never been apart of. A bunch of other shyt….
You understand what I’m saying. This shyt isn’t a game, all voluntary at the end of the day.

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
@Dap Fishin @HARLEM AL @KingZimbabwe

Exactly bro Nipsey is the last person that actually tried was murdered in cold blood and kicked in his face

We are dying like dogs in the street whether it’s George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Rashard Brooks, Elijah Mcccain etc. or

Pop Smoke, King Von, Mo3, FBG Duck, XXX, Nipsey Hussle etc.., were all brutally murdered on camera and we are desensitized to it

Everywhere we turn we are being murdered and turned into Hashtags and our black bodies are being commodified and they are enriching themselves of our deaths that’s why it’s frustrating because i see it on the news and see it in the hood my lil mans is in the Feds facing 20 years, my other homie Just got NATURAL LIFE, my other homie just took 6 years, my father came home last month after 20 years straight etc.. and when i mention these systematic issues that disproportionately affect black men I’m lambasted and labeled as a racist black supremacist lol

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I’m curious what you disagree with bro, from my experience it alienated everybody including family and close friends

You gotta lead by example while sprinkling in some knowledge..

A good salesperson plants seeds(positively) and let the customers decide...

Nobody wants to be lectured, smothered or feel like they are being torn down...

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s extremely difficult to navigate this terrain with knowledge of self as a black man because it turns women off (Black, White, Or Hispanic) nothing gets a bytch p*ssy dryer than a black man speaking about systematic racism, it has alienated all of my friends because they think you’re too militant and you become the butt of all the Farrakhan Malcolm X dusty Hotep Jokes

The black man that understands the black community is desperate for true leadership and recognizes that opportunistic charlatans like Umar Johnson (Political) Tariq Nasheed (Knowledge) Boyce Watkins (Financial) Dr Sebi (Medical) have recognized the void and takes advantage and exploits all the while victim blaming and gaslighting the community

The black man who recognizes that altruistic “Black leadership” is dead along the lines of MLK Malcolm X Marcus Garvey etc... have been replaced by compromised double agents

The black man whose objective enough and knows his history enough to criticize democratic leadership and neoliberalism and recognize it’s insidious effects on the black community as well as lambasting conservative republican ideals and respectability politics

The black man that recognizes the black community is matriarchal and matrilineal and understands it’s effects on black male adolescence who are deprived of positive black role models and if you criticize the black women and her alliance with white feminism and it’s ideals you are gay or hate your mother

The black man that recognizes white supremacy is the root cause of black violence in the black community but doesn’t absolve black accountability in it’s perpetuation of said violence without being a “c00n”

I agree with everything but the bolded....at least not in Denver, Philly and NYC
Women(Black, White, or Hispanic) actually show more love when you're speaking about systemic racism against black people

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Ofc you are, and your piece was, paraphrasing, 'fukk them nikkas, do you.'

Do you think that was helpful? :gucci:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink it. If Nipsey had that same mentality he'd still be alive today. The people who have that mentality get called c00ns. There's no win in this cuz that's how far off the deep end we've gotten to.

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
I agree with everything but the bolded....at least not in Denver, Philly and NYC
Women(Black, White, or Hispanic) actually show more love when you're speaking about systemic racism against black people

Im from the Bronx I’ve got mixed responses but imma reformed street kinda nikka so it’s like there’s a cognitive dissonance for those types that fetishize nikkas like me

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Ofc you are, and your piece was, paraphrasing, 'fukk them nikkas, do you.'

Do you think that was helpful? :gucci:

I can understand his perspective as well...

I love my people, but we some hard mothafukkas to deal with..:francis:

If there isn't a level of fukk them nikkas do you, you will be a frustrated nikka out here

I'm always available for a conversation, but I worry about myself first...:yeshrug:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Im from the Bronx I’ve got mixed responses but imma reformed street kinda nikka so it’s like there’s a cognitive dissonance for those types that fetishize nikkas like me
Don't talk about it, be about it, and you'll attract who you're supposed to attract. Those types will be naturally drawn to the work you do.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I can understand his perspective as well...

I love my people, but we some hard mothafukkas to deal with..:francis:

If there isn't a level of fukk them nikkas do you, you will be a frustrated nikka out here

I'm always available for a conversation, but I worry about myself first...:yeshrug:
Ofc, but 'fukk them nikkas off top' is an idea i can't get with.

* I say this as someone who watched moms do community work my whole life and got involved in a lot myself. Its been a thankless job. Somebody new wanna fight her every season. :comeon: It would be VERY EASY for someone like myself to just worry about me and mine. But the idea is to have me and mine handled so i can focus on others.

You can't help nobody if you can't help yourself. :francis:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
No don't do that @HarlemHottie :ufdup:

Part of Nipsey's appeal was "he's the hood MLK, he's a leader of the people, he's the voice of the streets" blah blah... "He's really out here with the hood, he's a real one.."

How many times do rappers get called out for not coming back to the hood, giving back to the hood, hanging in their hood and rubbing shoulders with the community? 50 got shot 9 times and everyone STILL kept bugging him about the same shyt back in the day. All these rappers and prominent black figures get accused of abandoning the hood like it's a bad thing and get accused of not being "real."

nikkas want it both ways. Nipsey gave that to them and he's dead because of it. So let's stop with that.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm from East Flatbush...Maybe its the way I give it up; the message of black consciousness resonates more with women I fukk with more than my homies...

But I do talk about foundational topics (race, gender, class, sex, bdsm/kinks, politics, religion/spirituality on 1st chills or dates)

Also have no issues bringing up topics from the following...
updu5R2.jpg

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
nikkas wanted it both ways, Nipsey gave that to them and he's dead because of it.
:beli: Im from 80s Harlem. I seen nikkas murked, broad day, in they place of business, on whole BLOCKS they owned.

If you in these streets on that level, you can't be caught lacking. :francis: I hate to say it bc i appreciated Nipsey too, and the vibe he was bringing. Im sad he gone.

And yes, lapd was steady raiding him so he couldn't keep no (illegal) guns. I get it. But he coulda ran them same businesses without actually being there in person, no? At least until the security situation was taken care of. :ld:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The black family and black economics is what im all about now.. Without that, then the black race will be diluted away in due time..

I've come to the sad conclusion everyone is out for themselves in the community, because I 100% believe in my heart that black people can fix our own issues..