Is there anything lonelier than “Conscious” Black Men?

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
And if people want an example..

Take into consideration the restaurant in Dallas that had the women twerking on the tables and sofas.. They admittedly said he shouldn't have played that music of he didn't want them twerking..

So what is a business owner supposed to do in the face of that information?

That brother unfortunately did not realize that he attracted customers to his restaurant not raised in respect and ol' time God-fearing discipline, but raised by BET Uncut, IG, World Star and Hot Girl summers.

To survive, he will have to identify ways to market to those of us who want to have a good time and good meal, and explicitly discourage those who want to recreate the "WAP" video over wings and grits from stepping foot inside his establishment.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Then if Nipsey rolled with a bunch of security it would be "oh he rolling with the police, he scared, where his crew at, he only tough cuz of his bodyguards" blah blah ..
He should have had a legally armed crew, tho. What's the point of paying them nikkas if they not (or are legally constrained from) putting in work?

Honestly yes. Our people are close to done. I tried to talk to my people but nikkas don’t care
:rudy: Then find the nikkas that do.

But to your point about Harlem and memorable impact, I like to accentuate the positive (something that under-50 Black folk now struggle with on Olympic levels).

Look at Sylvia's Restaurant. Started by a young couple up from the South, and still standing with products today in Walmart.

A FAMILY-RUN (not "community"...not "'hood"...not "gang"...not "streets") enterprise.

Sylvia's has been around for over 50 years. Success is modeled after that which is permanent -- not temporary.
I personally think we should start with our trademarks., primarily soul food. Its a damn shame that we don't have an ados owned chain of soul food restaurants (vs popeyes, which is other ppl benefiting from our creativity).

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Its true. I have a homeboy who slowly building up enemies and people that don't care for him, due to how conscious he is. But I appreciate the dude, he has a wealth of knowledge and he spreads his insights and perspectives with genuinely good intentions.

My advice is always remember actions>>>words. Always try to practice what you preach, and if necessary keep it low key. Help other people out and they'll likely be on board in trying to change things for the better. Peace.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Yea that's why I'm on the Coli. I needed the outlet this provides. Most people I know don't care to have deep constructive discussions about anything let alone systemic racism. I don't blame them because life can be stressful and not everyone has the energy to

I have a few homeboys I can talk to on that level that think like me. But I definitely agree it can get very lonely at times

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
It’s extremely difficult to navigate this terrain with knowledge of self as a black man because it turns women off (Black, White, Or Hispanic) nothing gets a bytch p*ssy dryer than a black man speaking about systematic racism, it has alienated all of my friends because they think you’re too militant and you become the butt of all the Farrakhan Malcolm X dusty Hotep Jokes

The black man that understands the black community is desperate for true leadership and recognizes that opportunistic charlatans like Umar Johnson (Political) Tariq Nasheed (Knowledge) Boyce Watkins (Financial) Dr Sebi (Medical) have recognized the void and takes advantage and exploits all the while victim blaming and gaslighting the community

The black man who recognizes that altruistic “Black leadership” is dead along the lines of MLK Malcolm X Marcus Garvey etc... have been replaced by compromised double agents

The black man whose objective enough and knows his history enough to criticize democratic leadership and neoliberalism and recognize it’s insidious effects on the black community as well as lambasting conservative republican ideals and respectability politics

The black man that recognizes the black community is matriarchal and matrilineal and understands it’s effects on black male adolescence who are deprived of positive black role models and if you criticize the black women and her alliance with white feminism and it’s ideals you are gay or hate your mother

The black man that recognizes white supremacy is the root cause of black violence in the black community but doesn’t absolve black accountability in it’s perpetuation of said violence without being a “c00n”

And the more you “learn” and find out about how this shyt really works, you damn wanna go insane

SuavePrince

All Star
Daps
To op, surround yourself with different people maybe idk. You don't want to be miserable the rest of your years on earth.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
nothing gets a bytch p*ssy dryer than a black man speaking about systematic racism

had to stop reading here

This is extremely false breh :mjlol: leave your area and start interacting with different groups of women. Educated woke shorties (them REAL ones, not just online talkers) would love that shyt.

You think a sociologist student would get turned off over a somewhat attractive man talking about shyt she is ALSO passionate about? :stopitslime:

You meetin shorties in the club and tellin them to read up on history?:russ:

Me and my girl be doing shrooms and she sucks my dikk while I talk about how deeply connected everything is.

We make jokes about capitalism and consumerism during sex

Maybe you just gotta keep lookin OP :ehh:

Last edited:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
it has alienated all of my friends because they think you’re too militant and you become the butt of all the Farrakhan Malcolm X dusty Hotep Jokes

Is it possible that you discuss social/political content too much? I mean is it possible to sit down with you and discuss the Lakers without the conversation pivoting to more serious matters? Theres a difference between conscious and insufferable.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it possible that you discuss social/political content too much? I mean is it possible to sit down with you and discuss the Lakers without the conversation pivoting to more serious matters? Theres a difference between conscious and insufferable.
Maybe he’s ONLY talk. There are dudes that can ramble all day long and others that start non-profits, volunteer, and actually organize and engage in the topics they are passionate about.