Is there anything lonelier than “Conscious” Black Men?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
nah, not really. stop hanging out with dumb nikkas. there are literally thousands of like minded individuals. hell, you are one of many on thecoli

if you expect deviation from ignorance to win you friends, you are misguided. there has never been a person in history whose pursuit of knowledge didnt bankrupt them socially. that is why geniuses are often lonely

AJD

Superstar
Daps
Man it's good to have knowledge on shyt but the truth is majority of folks in this world dont care like you'd really think or choose not to wanna wake up.

Majority of these women don't give a fukk if you on some woke shyt unless you got clout like solluminati to go with it. They just worried bout getting financed and piped good.:heh:

Check buddy from the matrix with the glasses who knew everything bout the real world but STILL gave it up and double crossed neo and dem just to return back to that fake matrix lifestyle. Ignorance is bliss and its why you see a lot poor and dumb people being the happiest cause they ain't got the education/knowledge to know what's really up. Some people just don't wanna wake up.:manny:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Its true. We convert who we can and leave the rest on the side of the road.

:beli: I just turned 40. Im tired of convincing people. Teaching is one thing, 'convincing' takes too much energy.

This. Same for me at 38. I used to go hard for the things I believed in God, Christianity, black pride, black empowerment etc.

Now I just do me. People are who they are. You don't believe in God. :yeshrug: you don't want to learn about and say attend a rally or financial support causes fighting mass incarceration or helping black kids go to college :yeshrug: I just do me. I push my line but no more convincing grown ups for me.

Me and my pops were talking about how most movements are spurred by young people. Think how young MLK was.

When you get older a little "fukk that shyt" sets in. That "shyt" being trying to get others to become conscious.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Dap Fishin @HARLEM AL @KingZimbabwe

Exactly bro Nipsey is the last person that actually tried was murdered in cold blood and kicked in his face

We are dying like dogs in the street whether it’s George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Rashard Brooks, Elijah Mcccain etc. or

Pop Smoke, King Von, Mo3, FBG Duck, XXX, Nipsey Hussle etc.., were all brutally murdered on camera and we are desensitized to it

Everywhere we turn we are being murdered and turned into Hashtags and our black bodies are being commodified and they are enriching themselves of our deaths that’s why it’s frustrating because i see it on the news and see it in the hood my lil mans is in the Feds facing 20 years, my other homie Just got NATURAL LIFE, my other homie just took 6 years, my father came home last month after 20 years straight etc.. and when i mention these systematic issues that disproportionately affect black men I’m lambasted and labeled as a racist black supremacist lol

I feel you. There is a Baldwin quote where he says (I'm paraphrasing) to be a conscious black man in this country is to be constantly engaged.

I would add to be a conscious black man around unconscious black men is maddening.

Any people in yo circle feel the same as you?

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That’s why all my friends are black and the women who I date are. In high school, I had 50% black and 50% others in my circle.

As you get older and more aware and combative against white supremacy, you’ll organically have a drop off in friends and acquaintances. It can feel lonely navigating this world feeling anger towards the constant injustice.

That’s why I can’t befriend anyone who’s in an interracial relationship. That tells me instantly you’re either still asleep or (even worse) you’re aware of racism but think you can fukk your way out of it.

They’re the worst because people with cognitive dissonance are the most evil.
Look at Trump Supporters, the perfect example of it. And add black Christians to it... how can you expect people who worship a white savior to be mentally against white supremacy, they’re already defeated.

I agree with everything but the bolded. Especially the friends part. I used to have friends of all races when I was younger..not no more lol.

Jesus wasn't white. Anyone with a understanding of geography knows this. White society pushed that lie in an effort to white wash Christianity...like they try to white wash everything.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And the more you “learn” and find out about how this shyt really works, you damn wanna go insane

Bruh I just posted the James Baldwin quote which basically says this.

Ignorance is bliss.

Push the line..but you gotta unplug sometimes.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Bruh I just posted the James Baldwin quote which basically says this.

Ignorance is bliss.

Push the line..but you gotta unplug sometimes.

man ignorance really is bliss

it must suck being a young breh with some shyt like autism but these dudes have no idea about the fukkery in the world around them. They may not be able to engage in all the social shyt we love but they also won’t know the truth about society.

They won’t know they (and our people) are trapped in this shyt. Some can come in this thread and try to clown it but clowns act like clowns because accepting the truth feels like it exposes the truth bytch in them. And they’d rather play it off like it’s another way.

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Maybe he’s ONLY talk. There are dudes that can ramble all day long and others that start non-profits, volunteer, and actually organize and engage in the topics they are passionate about.

@George's Dilemma

You proving my point lol
I never said i was complaining about institutionalized racism or pivoting from the Lakers game into Umar Johnsons opinion on interracial dating lol anything like that but these kind of topics and discussions always leads to Ad Hominem attacks or some kind of red herring straying away from the subject
It always leads to being gaslighted or told to shut the fukk up if you not volunteering or organizing people in the community etc...for example one day at work a female coworker stated that black lives don’t matter to black people only when cops kill us other than that black people kill each other and hate each other

I explained to her statistically that black people don’t kill each other more than any other race and explained that crime is a poverty proximity issue and provided statistics to prove that 99% of black men do not commit homicide or violent crime based on statistics

She got mad and said nikkas ain’t shyt lol