Is this nikka Wale ever happy? Breakfast Club Interview

Oville

Pro
Daps
Nah nikka has a point. Gifted was the best album that came out last year in my opinion.

How Bad didn't get that nod is a myth. How in the fukk did that Kendrick joint get in there. And "On the Run" too? C'mon dawg.

Word definitely one of the most slept on albums in recent memory. I usually get turned off by people who complain about how they don't get any credit but with this album I definitely could see his frustration in terms of why he spazzed out how he did. Even if the album ain't your style u can't front that in terms of concepts, flows, hooks, production, lyrics, this album was one of the most innovative in recent memory and he put a lot of work in.

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Obviously you know nothing about the song in question. "Bad" was a smash on urban radio, way bigger than the Kendrick joint. He has a legitimate gripe the Grammy's are shytting on him in order to toss Kendrick another random nomination. Again Wale is a bit of a crybaby but any NORMAL person would be highly upset if they were shafted like that.

I'm very familiar with the song in question, but you're missing what I'm saying.

If you make a commercial song and it gets overlooked for an award guess what? IT ISNT THE FIRST OR LAST TIME IT WILL HAPPEN! I'm saying he should be a man and get over it and record newer music for the next go around and stop whining like a baby.

Good records get overlooked every fukking day. That's not gonna stop anytime soon. Get over it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm very familiar with the song in question, but you're missing what I'm saying.

If you make a commercial song and it gets overlooked for an award guess what? IT ISNT THE FIRST OR LAST TIME IT WILL HAPPEN! I'm saying he should be a man and get over it and record newer music for the next go around and stop whining like a baby.

Good records get overlooked every fukking day. That's not gonna stop anytime soon. Get over it.

You think "manning up" means you should allow people who give out the highest accolades in your profession to carelessly overlook the work you put in? If you actually excelled at something in life and wasn't afraid to stand up for yourself you wouldn't feel that way. Either that or you have a twisted definition of what manhood is about. Or you could just have a strong distaste for how Wale presents himself (which is the most reasonable option).
Pick one.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration:
“Power Trip” — J.Cole Featuring Miguel
“Part II (On The Run)” — Jay Z Featuring Beyoncé
“Holy Grail” — Jay Z Featuring Justin Timberlake
“Now Or Never” — Kendrick Lamar Featuring Mary J. Blige
“Remember You” — Wiz Khalifa Featuring The Weeknd

Yeah, Wale is right. There's no way in hell this song should be nominated for a Grammy over Bad. Grammy's must be trolling with that bullshyt.