Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So am I the only one who thinks this season is boring as hell so far? I’ll stick with it but it’s not connecting with me at all

They wrote Lawrence and Issa's relationship out of the show and have no idea what to do now. The ratings have slumped as well. This was a huge mistake.

Sometimes you have to know when you strike gold. Steve Urkel was supposed to be a one-off character on Family Matters.... shyt happens

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
She tryin to be the damn building maintenance Woman? Umm... a job is a job but will she be able to be maintaining the building?

Another L for Lssa :umad:

White man ice colder.
That's some real shyt they are trying to show though, I love my people but a lot of times they do shyt unprofessional. I'm glad they put that in this show.

I'm not saying they are not black companies and organizations who are great at what they do but far too often we drop the ball. Sending out items late, taking too many breaks, or just plain bad quality products and service but we will get better over time.

I'm hoping Molly can help them get to the next level though and help them get more innovative and up to speed with the technology that is available, help them use better business solutions and also help them become more professional. It would suck if she's like the only professional hard working one while the others are just half assed, that's the worse feeling ever.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Am I the only one who noticed the Asian reference in the restaurant scene when she was dining with Daniel. A reference to her c00nish joke about dating Asians.
don't Daniel have a whole girlfriend :gucci:
:mjlol: Facts, his girl was so simple though he trying to get back with Issa low key. That's why he let her in his bed.
Daniel with them struggle Def Jam Vendetta character select beats :wow:
Son went Nordic and tried to over produce the track :mjlol: The second version was harder though!

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
As much as I like this show, I feel like it'll always just be a show about people not communicating properly. Its always somebody on this show handing themselves an L because they don't speak up and convey their true feelings. Eventually it snowballs into something else and the character will end up taking a bigger L. Rinse and repeat for another season. And it just makes me laugh because people like to compare this show to Atlanta. Thats a big mistake. Atlanta is actually ambitious with it's storytelling. Meanwhile this show is stuck in a rut. I'll always be a supporter of this show since its a good view into the black female experience, but ultimately at some point its not gonna be enough. Issa and Molly taking L's with an amazing soundtrack playing in the back is pretty much this show in a nutshell.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
y'alls boy Daniel with the snake maneuver in the studio :hhh:

Khalil with the ultimate fallback 'Lemme play you some of my other shyt :stopitslime:'

This season is weak. They tried to play Lawrence like he was just Issa's boyfriend, but he was a main character. It was Issa, Molly and him. Now it's just Issa and Molly, and the show has lost a lot of it's luster. Daniel is exactly who we thought he was lol.

On another note, I feel where Issa is coming from. Been at a job for 5 yrs? You gotta like it to be there for that long. Or be complacent :mjgrin:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
1st esp was dope, but the rest so far...kind of meh...

Molly doesn't looks as good in s3 for whatever reason.

Sexy ass Tasha is gone.

The Blood dude is gone (cat was funny af to me).

Issa and Lawrence dynamic > Issa and Daniels dynamic (even tho D, is a better actor).

Best Character so far this season is the wild, chubby friend.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-I liked this episode! Especially around Issa's and Molly's careers. Both situations are relatable, especially Molly's! When you step back in time technology wise, but the culture is your speed. It's a tough call.

- I really like Daniel! I think him and Issa need to be all in or all out. This middle of the road bullshyt, is annoying.

-I can't wait to see Issa as someone's property manager. I think she's gong to end up fired from that BS job for that girl they were interviewing.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another L for Lssa :umad:

That's some real shyt, I love my people but a lot of times they do shyt unprofessional. I'm glad they put that in this show.

I'm not saying they are not black companies and organizations who are great at what they do but far too often we drop the ball. Sending out items late, taking too many breaks, or just plain bad quality products and service but we will get better over time.

I'm hoping Molly can help them get to the next level though and help them get more innovative and up to speed with the technology that is available, help them use better business solutions and also help them become more professional. It would suck if she's like the only professional hard working one while the others are just half assed, that's the worse feeling ever.

Can they afford it?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
They wrote Lawrence and Issa's relationship out of the show and have no idea what to do now. The ratings have slumped as well. This was a huge mistake.

Sometimes you have to know when you strike gold. Steve Urkel was supposed to be a one-off character on Family Matters.... shyt happens
They really dropped like 350-500k viewers, that shyt is crazy.

And Jay Ellis is onto bigger and better things with the new Top Gun so salute to the brother, that's wassup. :salute: