Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They really dropped like 350-500k viewers, that shyt is crazy.

And Jay Ellis is onto bigger and better things with the new Top Gun so salute to the brother, that's wassup. :salute:

It's really the law of unintended consequences. Lawrence wasn't an ancillary character. Removing him and his story arc made more time for Issa(who is the worst character and actor on the show)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It's really the law of unintended consequences. Lawrence wasn't an ancillary character. Removing him and his story arc made more time for Issa(who is the worst character and actor on the show)
The absolute worst.

Something tells me Issa will have a change of heart if the ratings continue to slide.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm definitely not into this season as much as I was the first two. Daniel just isn't dynamic enough of a character. It seems to have lost it's light-hearted feeling that was underneath all the relationship and job stuff to help add balance to the show.

It is still funny watching this show with a woman though. The shorty I was watching with was all pissed at Daniel saying he was an a$$hole for telling Issa she needs to figure out her shyt before knocking him while I was thinking he was right. At some point you got to hold up the mirror. It was funny to me cause this girl is the type that will criticize everything the person she is dating is doing. The minute a man says any criticism about her she'll act like he's a huge a$$hole and that he's acting like she's a piece of shyt. So it was funny seeing her reaction to it.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm definitely not into this season as much as I was the first two. Daniel just isn't dynamic enough of a character. It seems to have lost it's light-hearted feeling that was underneath all the relationship and job stuff to help add balance to the show.

It is still funny watching this show with a woman though. The shorty I was watching with was all pissed at Daniel saying he was an a$$hole for telling Issa she needs to figure out her shyt before knocking him while I was thinking he was right. At some point you got to hold up the mirror. It was funny to me cause this girl is the type that will criticize everything the person she is dating is doing. The minute a man says any criticism about her she'll act like he's a huge a$$hole and that he's acting like she's a piece of shyt. So it was funny seeing her reaction to it.

People don't like hearing the truth, because the truth hurts :manny:

Everyone in Issa's life has been telling her she's a bum bytch indirectly, Daniel just manned up and spit it out

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
As much as I like this show, I feel like it'll always just be a show about people not communicating properly. Its always somebody on this show handing themselves an L because they don't speak up and convey their true feelings. Eventually it snowballs into something else and the character will end up taking a bigger L. Rinse and repeat for another season.
Um, this is life in a nutshell

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
as a person who's worked in the corporate world for years I can attest to the whole Black owned firms have way more cutbacks than white firms......i felt for Molly on this one....:francis:

-I liked this episode! Especially around Issa's and Molly's careers. Both situations are relatable, especially Molly's! When you step back in time technology wise, but the culture is your speed. It's a tough call.

Here's the shyt I don't like about Molly's approach, but as a consultant, any downgrades in tech or processes that I discover on new projects turns into an opportunity to showcase my abilities.

Instead of looking at it as a negative, she needs to begin the process of documenting the advantages of switching to Docusign. The easiest way to towards promotion is by taking strategies that work at other places and incorporating them in your current position.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's the shyt I don't like about Molly's approach, but as a consultant, any downgrades in tech or processes that I discover on new projects turns into an opportunity to showcase my abilities.

Instead of looking at it as a negative, she needs to begin the process of documenting the advantages of switching to Docusign. The easiest way to towards promotion is by taking strategies that work at other places and incorporating them in your current position.
Oh I definitely think she has some opportunities to help them, but that initial culture shock is something.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the ratings were bound to drop regardless of if Lawrence was there or not because Game of Thrones is off for the year. Both Insecure and Ballers benefited from coming on right after the most popular show in the world. It really was a stimulus package.

Look at last season.

Game of Thrones had their season finale on August 27th.

SklBarA.png

Look at the numbers decline the week after for both Insecure and Ballers.

Ballers

sQlrDED.png

Insecure
fDCU1gt.png

I do think writing Lawrence off was a mistake but it's not the biggest reason for the ratings decline.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
The smart move for Daniel was playing the one he and Khalil made together, and making sure he got the production credit. Or just having the conversation, so each knew where the other stood. Khalil didn't try to take credit for the track either, at least in the scene.

lol yo....Khalil was saying "we" and "our" when talking about the track. gotta humble yourself and look at who you're doing tracks for - lol he had that chick w/ the plastic pants in the booth.

should be a lesson - you can block your blessing real quick by not humbling yourself. being arrogant and talked yourself out of some paper. meanwhile, da gawd Lawrence humbled himself and parlayed dat Best Buy gig into a blessing :blessed:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
lol yo....Khalil was saying "we" and "our" when talking about the track. gotta humble yourself and look at who you're doing tracks for - lol he had that chick w/ the plastic pants in the booth.

should be a lesson - you can block your blessing real quick by not humbling yourself. being arrogant and talked yourself out of some paper. meanwhile, da gawd Lawrence humbled himself and parlayed dat Best Buy gig into a blessing :blessed:
Lawrence landed Tasha.......at a fukkin Best Buy gig :mindblown:

Daniel out here producing C-list soundcloud beats and the best he can manage is Issa :dead: