IT/cyber security/coding brehs….. I need serious help…. PLEASE

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
I've been in this thang for 25 years, i'm 41. Tier 3 Sys Admin - Mid 6figures. in DC.

Its tough to get advance in IT sometimes bcuz there are some many sectors. I'm in Govt Contracting / Intel. You're going to need to TS clearance to boot.

I'll say this, If want to make money, be good at things no one else knows how or want to do:. Unix, Solaris, Stigging, Scripting.

Learn the new hot technologies and learn a lot about it. These companies are always looking to upgrade their systems, integration and implementing new software and apps will get you paid.

Take a bullshyt job with respect IT company goes a long way to. On your resume, change the title from Helpdesk Tech to IT Support Special or something more respect. Learn about popular apps and add a some desireable skills under that job. Ex. Virtual Adminstration, GPOs, Active Directory, Backups and Restores. And be able to speak on the skills in a interview.

It seems to be more of a management / ITIL type of training. No tech skills involved. My old roommate told me yesterday Capital One in Dallas let a 1000 scrum master types go recently. That's kind of a redundant job that they don't really need.
Yeah I need to look more into those… I’m thinking about taking classes for cyber security and getting the quick classes done for web dropper (Java, html cc)

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Lmaooo What’s a good way to get into coding?
Go to school for it. Seriously. Even if its just part time at a cc. There are a bunch of bad programmers out here who got certs or went to boot camps and cannot solve problems. If you do cyber security you will have to solve problems. Networking? Solve problems. People who get paid big salaries solve problems. You can only learn that through experience. There's no shortcut to 6 figures sorry to tell you. It's a career change and you will start from the bottom.
But you can have a very high ceiling if you apply yourself

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
Go to school for it. Seriously. Even if its just part time at a cc. There are a bunch of bad programmers out here who got certs or went to boot camps and cannot solve problems. If you do cyber security you will have to solve problems. Networking? Solve problems. People who get paid big salaries solve problems. You can only learn that through experience. There's no shortcut to 6 figures sorry to tell you. It's a career change and you will start from the bottom.
But you can have a very high ceiling if you apply yourself
Yup I just went to my local community college yesterday and got a ton of info I will be starting web development course in April… I appreciate you not sugar coating shyt for me

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Yup I just went to my local community college yesterday and got a ton of info I will be starting web development course in April… I appreciate you not sugar coating shyt for me
:salute: remember it's gonna be very hard at first it's a new way of thinking. If you need any help with coursework or have questions about the industry you should drop in the programming thread in 6 figure 6 certs sub forum. There's other brehs like you in there learning and grinding to get a job in tech plus some very experienced engineers in there as well.

The Pledge

But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community!
Daps
roadmap.sh

Ask ChatGPT these questions, that shyt gives pretty good direction.

If that's the case, when you're in school, apply for internships during your summer and fall semesters. By the time you're done, if you got at least one internship on your resume, you should be good.

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
:salute: remember it's gonna be very hard at first it's a new way of thinking. If you need any help with coursework or have questions about the industry you should drop in the programming thread in 6 figure 6 certs sub forum. There's other brehs like you in there learning and grinding to get a job in tech plus some very experienced engineers in there as well.
Yeah I’m expecting to be very confused right off top lol… I’ve been trying to learn some of the lingo and beginners terms on YouTube and what not so far… and I’ve been to that forum… just seems kinda chaotic up there…