It's 2016, Time to start a new Tunnel project.

What's the next project

• Total voters

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Couldnt we do a beat battle and put the first, second and maybe third place winners of each week in an exclusive mixtape and the rest on another mixtape?

If we do 4 weeks of battles then thats 12 tracks which would make for a dope tape, and the rest which would still be good could make another tape.

im down for a battle or tape

Kwilu

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Lyon, France.
Couldnt we do a beat battle and put the first, second and maybe third place winners of each week in an exclusive mixtape and the rest on another mixtape?

If we do 4 weeks of battles then thats 12 tracks which would make for a dope tape, and the rest which would still be good could make another tape.

im down for a battle or tape
Yep that's a good idea.
I'm voting for a beat battle because that's what brought me to this forum in the first place. And it was poppin' at the time.

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
Hey can we do something with a prize or something. $20 even will get PPL involved lol. I'm sure there's some online business set up to handle that type of transaction. If put in $5 if there was a 1,2,3 place prize plus I'd come with heat. Even if I lost I'd still only be out $5 so no biggie.

I'm on another forum and someone offered a sample and best beat gets $50 and dudes were going crazy haha. Bet we could lure some MCs in here too with that. Say, enter your beat you gotta contribute $5... That shyt would get heated! Plus it would big up the forum

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
I'm just saying, the allure of a beat battle winners getting on a mixtape is cool, but you can still do that with a prize. I'm not as motivated about being put on a tape as the idea of maybe taking home some cake ;)

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Hey can we do something with a prize or something. $20 even will get PPL involved lol. I'm sure there's some online business set up to handle that type of transaction. If put in $5 if there was a 1,2,3 place prize plus I'd come with heat. Even if I lost I'd still only be out $5 so no biggie.

I'm on another forum and someone offered a sample and best beat gets $50 and dudes were going crazy haha. Bet we could lure some MCs in here too with that. Say, enter your beat you gotta contribute $5... That shyt would get heated! Plus it would big up the forum

Last major contest had $100 to 1st and $50 to 2nd.

Let me make one thing clear about the beat battle. I will only do it if the site owners back it up 100%.

I think naturally, we should do a podcast for youtube/soundcloud because it has the potential of bringing more people here, plus gives us flexibility to do various things. One thing I notice is many posters post their beats, but no one listens. Podcast could change that.
I am also interested in seeing how this youtube ad revenue shyt work myself. If we generate any money from it it can fund cash prizes.

Last edited:

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
I'd back a podcast move. Could maybe contribute some Original content looking into the sub genre of Lofi hip hop. Sort of an audio break down with examples. Been wanting to do this for a while

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
podcast first, get that popping with an engaged audience and then use it as a vehicle to do the beat competition and then a mixtape after imo. it would make promoting the mixtape and beat competition a hundred times easier.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
May as well get the podcast popping. It's something we've never done before so it's worth a shot. As it stands we've already done...

Mixtapes
Beat battles
sample flips
original theme flips
song competitions
weekly production style discussions.

Get the pod cast popping. Everyone promote the link on their social media, make a thread, we all give feedback and go from there. Then we work toward some type of project that we can promote discuss on the podcast and vice versa.

We gotta show we can support each other here first, so once we bring it to the booth for support they'll be more inclined to back it.

Just a thought.