It's 2016, Time to start a new Tunnel project.

What's the next project

• Total voters

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats true.

I originally came from a forum called Future Producers, that forum has a active battle community, but maybe we can do something like they do.

They have a "Flip This" section where producers post a sample and the beat they made with that sample. Then other producers try to make a beat with that sample.

Maybe we could try something like that here.
id be down. mpc-forums has continuous battles where they will upload usually a zip file with a sample, a break and some sounds or a few drums and a sample or so its legit too. sometimes i'll do it for fun

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I unfortunately wasn't signed up here when the last beat battle was held on here. So i would like to try that. But I'm down for whatever.

My suggestion to make things different, how about a collab battle. A rapper or emcee and a producer team up to compete against others for the best song/beat.

So for example: A rapper and a producer work together on producing a song with a dope beat and dope lyrics or catchy rhymes.

It would make things more competitive because not only would your beat/instrumental have to be top notch, but the rapper/emcee would also have to put in work to make the song great.

word to my nikka @bigrodthe1

I've suggested pretty much the same thing you posted in here for years lol.

You can check out this thread. It's the closest we've gotten to something like that, but it didn't get the support it deserved.
King of Emcees (Soulful Song Competition) Poll Included*

And this thread right here is an example of the sample flip competitions we use to do in here.
Sample Challenge (Oblivion Movie Flip)

Both are a year apart and look at the difference in votes.

I miss the glory days. :mjcry:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OK so it is settled. We will have another beat battle contest.
I will still work on the Podcast idea on the side.
I'll contribute to whatever. I like the idea of the podcast. We just gotta get it up and running

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
The tunnel aint getting love cuz theres no fukkery here

Get that fukkery here and the ppl will show :wow:

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
here's my opinion, for beat comp's, i dislike when the option is "trap" or "boombap"... give me a theme and i'll do what i do with it. that being said, providing certain samples, giving some limitation like time has to be 2 mins or less etc etc are all good things. but i'd say leaving it open with a theme gives better results.

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
I'm n for a beat battle..but they normally tend to fall off towards the end with lack of voting and participation which I understand ppl have lives..what I think should be done is get a list of everybody that wants in give them a decent amount if time to make the required number of tracks and send an all to one person who can make all the battle threads that way would avoid a no show during a week..I also think that the rounds should be advanced every 3 days and the final 4 gets a week of voting..so the actual tournament would move faster which I think would holds ppl attention better

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Time to put the beats on nikkas
booker-t-n-gga-o.gif

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
I'm n for a beat battle..but they normally tend to fall off towards the end with lack of voting and participation which I understand ppl have lives..what I think should be done is get a list of everybody that wants in give them a decent amount if time to make the required number of tracks and send an all to one person who can make all the battle threads that way would avoid a no show during a week..I also think that the rounds should be advanced every 3 days and the final 4 gets a week of voting..so the actual tournament would move faster which I think would holds ppl attention better
I say we have single rounds. That way everyone that has submitted has to vote to be eligible to win