It's 2016, Time to start a new Tunnel project.

What's the next project

• Total voters

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@Tom Foolery @LauderdaleBoss @ibrokemyneck @MrPentatonic @Kaydigi

How would we do the podcast? When I think of podcasts I think of like Joe Rogan where there is a host and and interview session.....

I dunno.

I think that's something Tom trying to set up.

I'd imagine it'd prolly be a few tunnel cats discussing music or topics we vote on in here etc... all while having some tunnel beats playing in the background. :manny:
Have cats call up. Few dudes in here can prolly throw down challenges and shyt etc..

Just gotta make something pop and we improve as we go.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I dunno.

I think that's something Tom trying to set up.

I'd imagine it'd prolly be a few tunnel cats discussing music or topics we vote on in here etc... all while having some tunnel beats playing in the background. :manny:
Have cats call up. Few dudes in here can prolly throw down challenges and shyt etc..

Just gotta make something pop and we improve as we go.

Aight...that sounds legit...a different approach. The reality is we could just have weekly threads where we have discussions. For instance if we had a thread on "Breaks" where various producers and beat makers talk about what they think about breaks, how they use them, their favorite breaks, etc and leave it stickied and open for a week (long enough for people to contribute and talk about it) then lock it.

With a podcast although it would be dope because the beats in the background if people dont call in or whatever, it could end up wack.

There are a couple of ways it could be done though....

1 person interviews a couple of producers on various topics and then the host would have the duty of splicing the interviews

or

a host interviews a beat maker/producer and puts that up

or

we coordinate a time when multiple cats could call in or do a conference skype and have a roundtable discussion.

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
Ya know other msg boards have success just chatting about popular or controversial posts and threads on their forum. It's good material plus something to relate to really. Maybe have introductions to certain coli collars etc.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ya know other msg boards have success just chatting about popular or controversial posts and threads on their forum. It's good material plus something to relate to really. Maybe have introductions to certain coli collars etc.

True, but this place ain't even popping enough to talk about it on some podcast.

We'd have to start a show on some controversy like which is better samples or trap beats. :mjlol:

nikkas would lose their minds.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We'd have to start a show on some controversy like which is better samples or trap beats. :mjlol:

I dont know how controversial that would be. I mean hip hop was created off of sampling. Sampling is in the fibers of hip hop. Trap is cool but better.....:sas2:

You can have trap without hip hop. But hip hop without sampling:why:

C'mon. no NWA, No Bad Boy era, No Kanye West and Just Blaze, Pete Rock, Premo, etc....c'mon its not as controversial as it is silly. We can podcast this tomorrow if anyone wants to go.

At this point in the game its not close enough, there are too many classic songs that would be lost, voided, invalid if you took sampling from the game. How many classics are gone if we disregarded trap beats?

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I dont know how controversial that would be. I mean hip hop was created off of sampling. Sampling is in the fibers of hip hop. Trap is cool but better.....:sas2:

You can have trap without hip hop. But hip hop without sampling:why:

C'mon. no NWA, No Bad Boy era, No Kanye West and Just Blaze, Pete Rock, Premo, etc....c'mon its not as controversial as it is silly. We can podcast this tomorrow if anyone wants to go.

At this point in the game its not close enough, there are too many classic songs that would be lost, voided, invalid if you took sampling from the game. How many classics are gone if we disregarded trap beats?

The point is.....

you responded to me and started a discussion.

That's all you need for a podcast or even a thread for that matter. :obama:

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
I unfortunately wasn't signed up here when the last beat battle was held on here. So i would like to try that. But I'm down for whatever.

My suggestion to make things different, how about a collab battle. A rapper or emcee and a producer team up to compete against others for the best song/beat.

So for example: A rapper and a producer work together on producing a song with a dope beat and dope lyrics or catchy rhymes.

It would make things more competitive because not only would your beat/instrumental have to be top notch, but the rapper/emcee would also have to put in work to make the song great.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I unfortunately wasn't signed up here when the last beat battle was held on here. So i would like to try that. But I'm down for whatever.

My suggestion to make things different, how about a collab battle. A rapper or emcee and a producer team up to compete against others for the best song/beat.

So for example: A rapper and a producer work together on producing a song with a dope beat and dope lyrics or catchy rhymes.

It would make things more competitive because not only would your beat/instrumental have to be top notch, but the rapper/emcee would also have to put in work to make the song great.

that wouldnt be bad, but we might have to pre-register everyone like say we have 6 producers and 6 rappers, the odds of it evening out is/are low. then the time it would take for the beat to be made and the exchange then the flow to be spit and the track to be combined (not mixed and mastered but just someone putting the acapella over the beat) then sending it back is more time..the more time before actual output is when people start to drop off/fall out/lose interest.

from some of the past battles there have been an ebb and flow like week 1 there will be ten submissions week 2 twelve submissions week 3 seven submissions week 4 nine submissions. week 5 five submissions week 6 nine submissions.

lately we've had a lot of rapper/producers too..it may or may not matter but id think they shouldnt be allowed to rap on their own shyt.

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
that wouldnt be bad, but we might have to pre-register everyone like say we have 6 producers and 6 rappers, the odds of it evening out is/are low. then the time it would take for the beat to be made and the exchange then the flow to be spit and the track to be combined (not mixed and mastered but just someone putting the acapella over the beat) then sending it back is more time..the more time before actual output is when people start to drop off/fall out/lose interest.

from some of the past battles there have been an ebb and flow like week 1 there will be ten submissions week 2 twelve submissions week 3 seven submissions week 4 nine submissions. week 5 five submissions week 6 nine submissions.

lately we've had a lot of rapper/producers too..it may or may not matter but id think they shouldnt be allowed to rap on their own shyt.

thats true.

I originally came from a forum called Future Producers, that forum has a active battle community, but maybe we can do something like they do.

They have a "Flip This" section where producers post a sample and the beat they made with that sample. Then other producers try to make a beat with that sample.

Maybe we could try something like that here.