It's 2024, why the fukk does Raekwon's Rainy DayZ sound even better in 2024?

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Watching the show right now and the Cuban linx episode was the best one so far.. ghost and Rae need their own spin off show :banderas:

Is he dead :lupe:

What the fukk do you mean is he dead? :what:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Watching the show right now and the Cuban linx episode was the best one so far.. ghost and Rae need their own spin off show :banderas:

Is he dead :lupe:

What the fukk do you mean is he dead? :what:

Could've had a whole season about the making, release and influence of Cuban Linx and I would've watched every min of it.

Ghost & Rae characters had the best actors on the show too. Those brehs had the mannerisms down.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I feel like there weren't really loosies back in that time frame, pre-internet program/message board days. I don't remember Wu being heavy on the mixtape scene either. The only 1-offs would be if they dropped a single with a b-side maybe?

Word. I agree. So e members did post some here luckily tho.

I'd love to hear radio freestyles.

Anyone remember a Method Man one where he said "I'm lounging in a sauna and I'm smoking marijuana"?

I recorded it from Toronto College radio but I'm sure they played it from another source.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
There's a demo version of Heaven & Hell but it's nearly identical, and the album version is better.

Wu Gambinos Hidden Chambers Remix (not rare)

Rainy Dayz Remix (also not rare)

There's the Iron Maiden version that has a different verse from Ghost:

Who's the Champion from the Great White Hype soundtrack (not exactly rare, but a leftover):

OG version of 260, but the only difference is the beat plays out, without transitioning into the mini skit that leads into Assassination Day:

OG version of 7th Chamber, different beat, different Ghost verse and he goes fukking offfff

Can it Be All So Simple Remix (Fresh Version)

OG version of North Star (Rae spitting over Wisdom Body):

Not Rae/Ghost but Deck, Carlton Fisk & streetlife (originally labeled a freestyle maybe?). Deck spots his verse that was supposed to be on Got My Mind Made Up but was left off

Would love to know if there's any other rarities, but I feel like I would've heard of them by now.

Peep the sample in wisdom body in the beginning. That small piece thats hidden behind the other sample that you wouldnt know unless we heard this.

shyt like that is why the rza > EVERYONE else. He was combining shyt at advanced levels even for today 20+ years ago.

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOVE OB4CL, But I can't stand this song I skip pass this song in a heartbeat.

larry-david-wtf-uza47yy73tj9kago.gif

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Peep the sample in wisdom body in the beginning. That small piece thats hidden behind the other sample that you wouldnt know unless we heard this.

shyt like that is why the rza > EVERYONE else. He was combining shyt at advanced levels even for today 20+ years ago.

Damn now that I pay attention to it, that little sample in the beginning sounds raw af. Could've easily turned into a whole beat. Sounds kinda like a Tical era beat

RZA in 1995 was the peak year of any and ALL producers.

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps

Wu Tang were the second wave of Independent rappers who got signed to majors.

They struggled but persevered instead of quitting.

Like Krs and Ultra before and Cormega and E.i em after - independent to major - once an artist goes through that it makes them unshakeable.

Juicy J is another example.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Damn now that I pay attention to it, that little sample in the beginning sounds raw af. Could've easily turned into a whole beat. Sounds kinda like a Tical era beat

RZA in 1995 was the peak year of any and ALL producers.

RZA>>>>>>>> Dr Dre.

Debate your mother about it. My mind will NEVER change

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I ran this album yesterday. It ain’t many albums that you can listen to with maturer ears and think “damn, they didn’t waste any rhymes on this bytch.” I can’t think of a wack 16 or bar on here