It's 2024, why the fukk does Raekwon's Rainy DayZ sound even better in 2024?

Crumple

All Star
Daps

Check it out, now.

Especially to those who heard this when it dropped what are your thoughts now? Of this joint or the whole album?

I just played it to my girl and she said it's amazing. She likes the melody, it's catchy and hopeful. Hypnotizing. She never heard it before.

When I heard it as a kid I thought it was empowering. Like what do you do on a rainy or tough day.

"Waitin' on these royalties takes too long
It's like waitin' on babies, it makes me wanna slay thee"

"What brings rain, hail, snow, and earthquakes?
The beat breaks, cause all my n$6&&$ to break, son" - and the beat break drops in!

My brother bought the tape for me when it was released.

It empowered me getting through a major life loss in 2008.

The whole album.

And now in 2024 it just hit again. Rainy DayZ is so good it almost brought tears to my eyes.

Why do I think it sounds even better now?
- the lyrics
- the truth with style
- the production
- how Rae and Ghost are still official now
And more!

Crumple

All Star
Daps
LOVE OB4CL, But I can't stand this song I skip pass this song in a heartbeat.

It was never my favorite, but now I love it.

Fabulous "You make me better" feat Raekwon remade it to the radio.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Because that entire album has stayed impeccable while the new music has perpetually become more and more :trash: . So in comparison, its' better now then when it dropped and there was other quality music out :banderas:

Yup. It's such a strong album. And it's grimy and dusty in a different way. It's high class but grimy.

It's one of the best albums in music not just Hip Hop.

"Record breaking the album Thriller!"

Yo, were there any Ghost and Rae loosies, rare joints or demos from this time?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yup. It's such a strong album. And it's grimy and dusty in a different way. It's high class but grimy.

It's one of the best albums in music not just Hip Hop.

"Record breaking the album Thriller!"

Yo, were there any Ghost and Rae loosies, rare joints or demos from this time?

There's a demo version of Heaven & Hell but it's nearly identical, and the album version is better.

Wu Gambinos Hidden Chambers Remix (not rare)

Rainy Dayz Remix (also not rare)

There's the Iron Maiden version that has a different verse from Ghost:

Who's the Champion from the Great White Hype soundtrack (not exactly rare, but a leftover):

OG version of 260, but the only difference is the beat plays out, without transitioning into the mini skit that leads into Assassination Day:

OG version of 7th Chamber, different beat, different Ghost verse and he goes fukking offfff

Can it Be All So Simple Remix (Fresh Version)

OG version of North Star (Rae spitting over Wisdom Body):

Not Rae/Ghost but Deck, Carlton Fisk & streetlife (originally labeled a freestyle maybe?). Deck spots his verse that was supposed to be on Got My Mind Made Up but was left off

Would love to know if there's any other rarities, but I feel like I would've heard of them by now.

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
There's a demo version of Heaven & Hell but it's nearly identical, and the album version is better.

Wu Gambinos Hidden Chambers Remix (not rare)

Rainy Dayz Remix (also not rare)

There's the Iron Maiden version that has a different verse from Ghost:

Who's the Champion from the Great White Hype soundtrack (not exactly rare, but a leftover):

OG version of 260, but the only difference is the beat plays out, without transitioning into the mini skit that leads into Assassination Day:

OG version of 7th Chamber, different beat, different Ghost verse and he goes fukking offfff

Can it Be All So Simple Remix (Fresh Version)

OG version of North Star (Rae spitting over Wisdom Body):

Not Rae/Ghost but Deck, Carlton Fisk & streetlife (originally labeled a freestyle maybe?). Deck spots his verse that was supposed to be on Got My Mind Made Up but was left off

Would love to know if there's any other rarities, but I feel like I would've heard of them by now.

Bro!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I appreciate all of that and going to check all those joints. All those movie singles and demos that's exactly what I wanted.

Did you hear the Rae over Mad Izm? I think it was off the obfcl sampler tape.

It says ODB had vocals on North Star but have to re-hear it - was he the main singer in the back? We all knew he sung impeccably the dirty way.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bro!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I appreciate all of that and going to check all those joints. All those movie singles and demos that's exactly what I wanted.

Did you hear the Rae over Mad Izm? I think it was off the obfcl sampler tape.

It says ODB had vocals on North Star but have to re-hear it - was he the main singer in the back? We all knew he sung impeccably the dirty way.

I have some other random stuff floating around. I think before OB4CL dropped, Rae dropped a promo mixtape with a single or two and a freestyle that's pretty dope. I'll have to dig thru a huge Wu playlist to find it

I don’t remember If I heard the mad izm joint before so props for linking it.

I think ODB is credited but I could never tell if that was actually him singing or not. I'll
Have to re-listen to it.

Edit: looks like the freestyle from the promo tape was the Mad Izm joint:

There's also one with Rae & Carlton Fisk (can't remember which instrumental this is, anyone know?). Pretty sure this is from
The same pre-OB4CL tape

Ghost + Rae over Cold World beat:

Last edited: