ITS HERE! Cosmos with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Space Time Odyssey Series

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
totally agree
the only thing I wished he made a note of was
1. how such a small portion of dna is responsible for how we look (differences in skin color and physiognomy for example and the literal analogy or metaphor of that the book should not be judged by the cover) and how much simpler looking creatures sometimes have larger and more complex dna sequences then much more complicated looking ones. I always found these bits of factoid amazing considering how much homo sapiens value appearance in their social interactions.

A grain of rice has more DNA sequences than we do. But then again if you stuck us in water and forced us to eat sunlight we would die.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
It was a pleasure watching this series breh. Some of it was dumbed down of course, but it was also very beautiful and inspiring. I have no shame in saying it made me emotional several times.

Very much so. But then again I got emotional watching contact :pachaha:. The fact is these ideas, topics and questions are paramount to our existence. It kills me how so many people embrace ignorance instead of being awed by the vastness of our universe.

Last edited:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
We're so insignificant in the vastness of the cosmic sea, yet the fact we've been able to be aware of it is a miracle in itself. Thanks to the efforts of courageous people. I feel like we're still so primitive because of how petty we still are. We need to evolve to the point were there's only one nation -- earth -- and one race -- humanity -- in order to take next step of leaving the nest of our pale, blue dot. I'm saddened I won't be here to ever see that. :to:

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
Neil was talking about how he loves science because one doesn't have to have all the answers.

I looked at my Catholic wife like :jawalrus:.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Neil was talking about how he loves science because one doesn't have to have all the answers.

I looked at my Catholic wife like :jawalrus:.

ULqaghD.gif

VRtUOIA.gif

DfphOKZ.gif

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
We need to evolve to the point were there's only one nation -- earth -- and one race -- humanity -- in order to take next step of leaving the nest of our pale, blue dot. I'm saddened I won't be here to ever see that. :to:
That's my hope...a star-trek esque federation type society.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Very much so. But then again I got emotional watching contact :pachaha:. The fact is these ideas, topics and questions are paramount to our existence. It kills me how so many people embrace ignorance instead of being awed by the vastness of our universe.
Welp, off to church! :troll:

• Dap
Reactions: Jax