It's official: Game of Thrones is the most hurtful entertainment experience I've ever had.

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just finished Season 8, what a rush job. I was still entertained at some points but I mostly felt :ld: through the last 3 episodes. I'm sure most of this has been discussed but my biggest gripes:

They really built up the White Walkers for that? Dudes got eliminated in their first fair fight. It was also bizarre to have that battle right in the middle of the season and then expect people to get excited about a war against dumbed-down Cersei.

All of Jaime's character development getting wiped out was nonsense, dude was one of the most interesting characters in my opinion. It took multiple seasons for him to express the fact that he sincerely cares about other people despite his reputation, but at the end he decides nah I actually hate everyone except my sister who tried to kill me? Stop it.

But my biggest problem was everything about Bran. We had to watch multiple seasons of him getting dragged through the wilderness and his friends dying on his behalf, and he was literally nothing more than bait in the biggest battle in history. Wtf was all that training with the three-eyed raven for then?

Bran was useless when it mattered most and he became kind because he had a good "story" :bryan:

His story wasn't better than Arya's or Jon's or arguably even Sansa's. No leadership experience, no battle experience, and no personality to speak of. These dudes laughed at Sam's suggestion of democracy and chose this instead.

"Look how they massacred my boy"

full