It's official: Game of Thrones is the most hurtful entertainment experience I've ever had.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@surf 's rep makes me feel less bad about negging you regardless of if I like BCS:mjlit:

1MAX7vv.png

Fred.

B.drizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GoT pass Spartacus as my favorite show until season 8. The send off for my guy Spartacus. :salute: when he caught that sharp ass sword with his palm :ooh:
When he got hit by them spears :damn:
When Crassus gave him his respect and he wish Spartacus "I wish you was a Roman and my ally":mjcry:
And when Spartacus told him nahhh bro :whoa:

Best fukking ending ever:whew:

Spartacus would have handled brienne. So would gannicus. I could see brienne and crixus being a close fight.
Theokoles would drop the mountain pretty quick. He is just as big but fought with 2 swords.
The only person who could survive the pits from Spartacus is khal drogo. The pits in GOT was a gentleman's sport compared to Spartacus.
If batiatus had been born in a great family of Westeros he would be a less effective littlefinger who betrays the wrong person and gets his head chopped off. But julius caesar would be tywin Lannister on steriods.
Arthur Dayne in the arena would be legendary.
Oenomaeus is in the kings guard.
Jon Snow has heart but not what it takes to become a champion. Robert baratheon does though.
Ashur would do well in westeros if he had been born in the right circumstances.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
This thread is a classic example of what anohter poster wrote about how humans criticize entertainment. People rate movies TV based on #1 the best moment and #2 the ending. GoT was teh goat show people dikk rode hard up until the last couple episodes. I know because I finally starting binge watching mid season 8 when people wouldn't shut up about it.

Now, the same people are trying to tell me how much it sucked :mjlol:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This thread is a classic example of what anohter poster wrote about how humans criticize entertainment. People rate movies TV based on #1 the best moment and #2 the ending. GoT was teh goat show people dikk rode hard up until the last couple episodes. I know because I finally starting binge watching mid season 8 when people wouldn't shut up about it.

Like a gymnast, you have to stick your landing. The routine was perfect up until it did a somersault (S7) and fell flat on it's face (S8). Points get deducted. Went from winning the gold to not placing on the stand at all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Uh....nah man. Not sure if you mean in general but people on here said the show started to fall off in the ep "Beyond The Wall" in season 7.

And pretty much the whole last season got shyt on, as it was airing. The only episodes people kinda gave a pass to were 1 and 2.

Fred.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Season 5 was when the wheels started to fall off

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Season 5 was when the wheels started to fall off

yep...the decline although slight @ the time was noticeable once they got ahead of the source material...season 6 offered so much fanservice that criticism was temporarily squashed...there were more complaints during S7 as well but ppl still felt/hoped that S8 would rectify it...it didn’t :(

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

Imagine you go to a highly rated restaurant that serves 6 courses,and only uses top notch ingredients,cuts of meat, etc.

The decor is exquisite, the live music sets the atmosphere, everything is clean, the staff are friendly, helpful, know when to fill your drinks, and when to leave you alone. The presentation and service is a1 all around. All that is left is to see how the food hits you:ehh:

First half of the meal comes out. The rolls are fresh, the soup is the perfect temp, and the portion sizes are just enough to satisfy while keeping you wanting more. The chicken is the most tender, juicy, flavorful chicken you've ever had. The sides and palate cleansers are just as good as the main dishes.Food is melting in your mouth like butter and has you hitting the:noah:with every bite.

If these first few courses are this good, you can only imagine how good the final courses will be:feedme:

They start bringing out the next course,and you're all:whoo: until you notice a pube looking hair sticking out of the mashed potatoes:gucci: on an otherwise succulent and sizzling looking dish.

You send that shyt back with the quickness and they bring you out a fresh plate. It looks good but still...you can't forget that a pube was just on your plate:scust:

You go ahead and eat the 4th dish but the experience def ain't gonna be 10/10 when you write that yelp review:unimpressed:

Then the 5th dish comes and the tremendously expensive wagyu steak is overcooked. It's edible, but how do you overcook wagyu:why: and why is the rest of the dish bland and undercooked.

Every dish came from the same kitchen and staff, but the quality between what you started with and what you're ending with is night and day. You don't blame the staff.The waiters and servers and musicians have been on point. It's the chefs in the back fukking up:what:

But you still wanna end the night on a high note with the brownie and ice cream, so you at least anticipate that going down smooth:unimpressed:

Then you get dessert, and on the plate is a brownie that looks like a literal piece of shyt

SbgDNHel.jpg

:mjtf:

Then you find out the chefs in the back were first time chefs using another chefs step by step cookbook for the first half of the meal, but for the last few dishes they were winging it because they only had a few chicken scratch hand written notes on how to cook what was on the menu. And by the time they got to dessert,they were tired of cooking in the hot ass kitchen so they said fukk it and microwaved the brownie mix because it was taking too long in the oven.

That's the GoT experience in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the ending, but I'm very much an "it's the journey, not the destination" type viewer. The Lost journey is right up there with Game of Thrones, if not better.
Very true. I knew about midway thru that Lost wasn't gonna answer every.single.question so I just enjoyed the ride. There were too many people speculating too many ideas on the internet for them to ever really surprise us.

I literally argued with my boy cause he said Children of Men was garbage because they never explained why babies stopped being born. At some point you gotta think "Who gives a fukk? Whatever answer they give is gonna be corny". So just enjoy the ride.

GoT on the other hand wasn't a mystery. They didn't have to have a shocking twist. They just had to execute. I can see the whole Mad Queen thing happening, but that's how they execute it? The pacing was atrocious.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first season was cool. I'm not gonna sit here like :krs: it was great from day 1. But each season is better than the last.

I can pretty much....nah fukk pretty much....you will like it more than "Breaking Bad". I already know, judging by the types of shows you like.

It's a lot closer to "The Wire" than "Breaking Bad". In terms of, it moves slower and focuses a lot more on characters, how they interact in every day situations, and the day-to-day of being a lawyer.

There is "BB" style fukkery but they gradually add it. You'll see what I mean.

Fred.
Better Call Saul lost a lot of viewers early cause of its pacing. It lost me too. I watched 2 episodes then just forgot about it.
I came back around the end of season 3 and binged everything. The show is masterful but it's not episodic like people want it to be. The writers decided they're gonna tell a single story in 6 seasons. People wanting a moment every episode or every season aren't gonna get it.

But when you binge that, it's amazing. Just the dynamic between the two brothers and their hatred/love for each other - I've never seen anything on TV like it. The people loving the later seasons gotta respect what the early seasons established.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just the dynamic between the two brothers and their hatred/love for each other...

maaan literally just watched the scene where chuck compares saul practicing law to “a chimp with a machine gun”...the characterization so far in S1 is great...when I’m done catching up to the series I’m hoping I can find a fan made youtube “clip” of ‘breaking bad’ that only has saul’s scenes in it...such an incredible backstory so far...I wonder how much gilligan had his character “fleshed out” before/as he wrote ‘breaking bad’

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex