It's official: Game of Thrones is the most hurtful entertainment experience I've ever had.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
great 1st season @ BCS...and yes I probably wouldn’t have been this patient w/ it if I was watching it on a weekly basis
It’s probably my favorite show running right now behind Succession (another one you should check out if you haven’t already). The craziest part to me is that it was initially gonna be a 30-minute sitcom style show if I remember correctly.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s probably my favorite show running right now behind Succession (another one you should check out if you haven’t already). The craziest part to me is that it was initially gonna be a 30-minute sitcom style show if I remember correctly.

ya ‘succession’ is my shyt

...and @ the bold...succession or saul...?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm so jealous of the folks who haven't watched Succession yet.

boombanoo

All Star
Daps
Them not being held accountable for some of the worst plots in television history s5 and s6 in Stannis' downfall and Arya's nonsense house of black and white shyt led to this.

They had those as plots running entire seasons AND destroyed Dorne (and all three of these plots had a ton of book material to go off too they just chose not to use) and still the majority caped for the show cause of one or two big set piece battles a season :mjlol:.

The writing was on the wall years ago, they tricked y'all like Pat Beverly :manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
great 1st season @ BCS...and yes I probably wouldn’t have been this patient w/ it if I was watching it on a weekly basis

finished up the first 4 seasons...great character piece...I’m pleasantly surprised...part of me never gave the series a fair chance bcuz I didn’t think saul would be an interesting enough character to hold a series down...howard and kim surprised me as well...they aren’t the one-dimensional characters I expected them to be...my favorite seasons in order were...

S1
S4
S3
S2

...great series...glad I waited to marathon it...I can’t lie I would’ve gotten bored watching this on a weekly basis

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finished Season 8, what a rush job. I was still entertained at some points but I mostly felt :ld: through the last 3 episodes. I'm sure most of this has been discussed but my biggest gripes:

They really built up the White Walkers for that? Dudes got eliminated in their first fair fight. It was also bizarre to have that battle right in the middle of the season and then expect people to get excited about a war against dumbed-down Cersei.

All of Jaime's character development getting wiped out was nonsense, dude was one of the most interesting characters in my opinion. It took multiple seasons for him to express the fact that he sincerely cares about other people despite his reputation, but at the end he decides nah I actually hate everyone except my sister who tried to kill me? Stop it.

But my biggest problem was everything about Bran. We had to watch multiple seasons of him getting dragged through the wilderness and his friends dying on his behalf, and he was literally nothing more than bait in the biggest battle in history. Wtf was all that training with the three-eyed raven for then?

Bran was useless when it mattered most and he became king because he had a good "story" :bryan:

His story wasn't better than Arya's or Jon's or arguably even Sansa's. No leadership experience, no battle experience, and no personality to speak of. These dudes laughed at Sam's suggestion of democracy and chose this instead.

Last edited:

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Just finished Season 8, what a rush job. I was still entertained at some points but I mostly felt :ld: through the last 3 episodes. I'm sure most of this has been discussed but my biggest gripes:

They really built up the White Walkers for that? Dudes got eliminated in their first fair fight. It was also bizarre to have that battle right in the middle of the season and then expect people to get excited about a war against dumbed-down Cersei.

All of Jaime's character development getting wiped out was nonsense, dude was one of the most interesting characters in my opinion. It took multiple seasons for him to express the fact that he sincerely cares about other people despite his reputation, but at the end he decides nah I actually hate everyone except my sister who tried to kill me? Stop it.

But my biggest problem was everything about Bran. We had to watch multiple seasons of him getting dragged through the wilderness and his friends dying on his behalf, and he was literally nothing more than bait in the biggest battle in history. Wtf was all that training with the three-eyed raven for then?

Bran was useless when it mattered most and he became kind because he had a good "story" :bryan:

His story wasn't better than Arya's or Jon's or arguably even Sansa's. No leadership experience, no battle experience, and no personality to speak of. These dudes laughed at Sam's suggestion of democracy and chose this instead.
0WkyBJb.gif