It's official, UFC > Boxing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holm easily did more numbers than Wilder.

A :trash: card in UFC on FOX: Holm vs Shevshenko averaged 2.97 million vs Wilder's 1.8 million average for his card. And a 1.1 rating in the key demo (18-49) compared to a 0.4 for Wilder's card. The Holm card peaked at almost 4.7 million. Can't find what Wilder's card peaked at, but it did an average of 2.54 million during the main event.

UFC on FOX 20 TV Ratings Peak with 4.687 Million Viewers for Main Event

Wasn't Crawford/Postol expected to flop badly in terms of buys, why did they put in on PPV?

Wilder's isn't popular, like Tyson Fury or Wladmir

Boxing is a world wide sport, its not built around American Television like UFC

UFC the brand is popular in United States not MMA, anything MMA outside of UFC won't draw any numbers, because they don't have a TV brand

Boxing just came back to free TV. It thrived for decades without even being shown on free TV, so the number argument is dumb, because boxing doesn't need TV to generate money.

I told Zuffa was jumping ship and you didn't believe it, they left a sinking ship for the new owners and made out like bandits, it's only downhill from here.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Brock Lesnar got popped before they had fights lmao, so what does year round have to do with anything lmao

Also if you're not training, PEDS won't help you lmao, so they have to take them during preparation or they won't get the benefits.

Do you think when you post? :mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think when you post? :mindblown:

Can you reply ever addressing the points made instead of using deflection. You're point was stupid.

PED use was normal in UFC before USADA even came around, the allowed in Pride, nikkaz was literally hiding under the cage or running out the gym like Wanderlei before the USADA shyt.

Year around testing comment didn't make any sense, because if you're not juicing during your actual camp you're not going to get any of the benefits. You don't know anything about working out or training.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Can you reply ever addressing the points made instead of using deflection. You're point was stupid.

PED use was normal in UFC before USADA even came around, the allowed in Pride, nikkaz was literally hiding under the cage or running out the gym like Wanderlei before the USADA shyt.

Year around testing comment didn't make any sense, because if you're not juicing during your actual camp you're not going to get any of the benefits. You don't know anything about working out or training.

Year-round random drug testing is a lot more strict than any other form of drug testing out there. It's not even close.

So you get 'no benefits' from juicing out of camp? Are you serious? Do some research. PEDs also benefit an athlete greatly outside of training camp.

Steroids can benefit athletes for a decade after use - BBC News
Steroids vs Natural: The Muscle Building Effects Of Steroid Use
  • Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
  • Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Wilder's isn't popular, like Tyson Fury or Wladmir

Boxing is a world wide sport, its not built around American Television like UFC

UFC the brand is popular in United States not MMA, anything MMA outside of UFC won't draw any numbers, because they don't have a TV brand

Boxing just came back to free TV. It thrived for decades without even being shown on free TV, so the number argument is dumb, because boxing doesn't need TV to generate money.

I told Zuffa was jumping ship and you didn't believe it, they left a sinking ship for the new owners and made out like bandits, it's only downhill from here.

Boxing is bigger world-wide no doubt, but the UFC is pulls in solid numbers in Brazil, Australia, Canada, USA, Ireland, etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that the UFC pulls in solid numbers on TV (and PPV). Boxing is not easily doing better numbers like some posters believe.

The UFC was sold for 4.2 Billion to 2 major corporations (joint venture) and somehow this is a negative? Not only that, there other major corporations bidding for a chance to buy the UFC, including FOX.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Year-round random drug testing is a lot more strict than any other form of drug testing out there. It's not even close.

So you get 'no benefits' from juicing out of camp? Are you serious? Do some research. PEDs also benefit an athlete greatly outside of training camp.

Steroids can benefit athletes for a decade after use - BBC News
Steroids vs Natural: The Muscle Building Effects Of Steroid Use

Once again you don't understand why fighters take steroids or the fight game.

You can't compare it to other sports. Olympians are tested year around because they can get benefits in their sports from that, it doesn't work in boxing.

PEDS only help do what you are training to do, that's it.

If I'm taking steroids and all I'm doing is lifting weights, and then I stop taking them to train for a boxing match, it's not going to help in the boxing match.

Those articles provide nothing of the contrary.

Also the point was Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones got popped before fight, they didn't get popped in january or some time where they weren't preparing for a match, which is why your comment was completely baseless.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boxing is bigger world-wide no doubt, but the UFC is pulls in solid numbers in Brazil, Australia, Canada, USA, Ireland, etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that the UFC pulls in solid numbers on TV (and PPV). Boxing is not easily doing better numbers like some posters believe.

Goddamn, it's not about being bigger. It's about how the sport is structured.

Boxing doesn't need TV and hasn't had TV for decades.

The UFC is a brand, a show, outside of TV ratings and ppvs they have no revenue.

Boxing matches make lots of money without being on TV or PPV.

UFC is a company that covers all the cost for every event, so they have a lot of liability and a lot of expenses.

Boxing promoters have it a lot easier, because they don't take on as much responsibility, and it cost less money to put a boxing event than UFC event, which is why boxers get paid more than UFC fighters even when they are getting fukked.

The whole point is TV ratings aren't a indicator of anything.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Neither sport is superior. I enjoy MMA more, but I could see how others can enjoy boxing more. Both sports have their good and bad.

Boxing wise, it just sucks that X fighter will not fight Y fighter because of management, weight, money, and sometimes, just straight up bullshyt. GGG/Canelo, Kovalev/Stevenson, GGG/Jacobs, Wilder/Klitch, etc. should've all happened by now. You can win a belt in boxing and proceed to avoid all serious challengers (look at Billy Joe Saunders).

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Neither sport is superior. I enjoy MMA more, but I could see how others can enjoy boxing more. Both sports have their good and bad.

Boxing wise, it just sucks that X fighter will not fight Y fighter because of management, weight, money, and sometimes, just straight up bullshyt. GGG/Canelo, Kovalev/Stevenson, GGG/Jacobs, Wilder/Klitch, etc. should've all happened by now. You can win a belt in boxing and proceed to avoid all serious challengers (look at Billy Joe Saunders).

And we having to wait until late NEXT year to see Canelo and GGG. Fukk Golden Boy