It's official, UFC > Boxing

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'm an MMA guy all day, but I can't support that cowardly move.

Dude thought he was being slick:mjlol:
to be really honest I was a bit :drunk: and thought I was making it in The Ring, then figured instead of double posting it a mod would move it anyway.

Sorry but it's true guys. Look at boxing's schedule, look at UFC's schedule. Look at their recent fights, excitement. Fighters actually want to fight. Lawler yesterday, the 3rd sentence after that was went "let's do it again" - you think that would happen in boxing? Lawler would say "I have to talk to my promoter" then would fight the UFC equivalent of Silky Wilky in his next fight.

I think I'm pretty much done following boxing from day to day. The speculation isn't fun anymore, because at least before the speculation led to big fights. The natural progression of the biggest boxing fights to be made took 5 years for Floyd/Manny, and like 2 years for Cotto/Canelo. All because of promotional BS.

How is BJS gonna be offered like 8 million dollars and GGG gets B-side money, and he's still gonna turn it down? Top level boxing isn't a sport anymore, it's just a series of business decisions.

2016 big fights made in boxing:

Wilder vs Szpilka - enough said of that circus
Garcia vs Guerrero - seriously?
Kovalev vs Pascal - pointless rematch because no top contenders wants to fight each other
Bradley v Pacquiao III - pointless rematch

2016 fights in the UFC:

Lawler vs Condit - good title fight
Cruz vs Dillashaw - good title fight
Johnson vs Bader - HW contender fight equivalent to Jennings vs Ortiz
Werdum vs Velasquez - good title fight

this is one month of fights.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@krackdagawd @patscorpio @LeVraiPapi @#SOG_soldier @GREENandYELLOW @hyperman25 @King P @ChocolateGiddyUp @Iron Chin Wilder @InvictusAeternusEternus @iceberg_is_on_fire @SkiHatDaGawd @LauderdaleBoss @seemorecizzy @((ReFleX)) @Jello Biafra @mson @PJTech @Achille @mr. smoke weed........and last but DEFINITELY not least, because you vouched for him, @Tuaminator :birdman:

Like I said before, this dude doesn't fukk with Boxing...just look at this shyt:snoop:

Didn't even make & post this thread in The Ring either:scusthov:
Your whole posting style, and everyone backing you up, is a good representation of how boxing is now a circus full of clown promoters, clown fights, and clown fans. I remember when boxing discussion on the Coli was pleasant and wasn't as annoying as this. More content does not equal more quality.

These days the less desirable traits of the Coli as a whole have infiltrated (or infected) the Ring too.

Custom smileys, posts with no boxing substance and only stanning. At least Floyd vs Manny posting was understandable, but now you've got people stanning promoters and boxing discourse basically mirroring "republican vs democrat" fights these days where one side is completely blind and the other side is slightly less blind.

The shtick is :yawn: and I will be taking leave of the thread except to read certain poster's I respect's opinions.. and these days unfortunately it means wading through 90% of trash.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to be really honest I was a bit :drunk: and thought I was making it in The Ring, then figured instead of double posting it a mod would move it anyway.

Sorry but it's true guys. Look at boxing's schedule, look at UFC's schedule. Look at their recent fights, excitement. Fighters actually want to fight. Lawler yesterday, the 3rd sentence after that was went "let's do it again" - you think that would happen in boxing? Lawler would say "I have to talk to my promoter" then would fight the UFC equivalent of Silky Wilky in his next fight.

I think I'm pretty much done following boxing from day to day. The speculation isn't fun anymore, because at least before the speculation led to big fights. The natural progression of the biggest boxing fights to be made took 5 years for Floyd/Manny, and like 2 years for Cotto/Canelo. All because of promotional BS.

How is BJS gonna be offered like 8 million dollars and GGG gets B-side money, and he's still gonna turn it down? Top level boxing isn't a sport anymore, it's just a series of business decisions.

Kovalev vs Pascal - pointless rematch because no top contenders wants to fight each other

2016 fights in the UFC:

They don't want to fight each other because as soon as one of them loses we want to throw them in the trash.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
They don't want to fight each other because as soon as one of them loses we want to throw them in the trash.
and whose fault is that? certain people who idolize certain fighters and certain promoters that started this nonsense in the first place. that chase around people on twitter and troll them thinking they're smart and they "got em" - and most of those annoying types of closed-minded people post in the boxing thread.

its an infection, and it might be too late

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and whose fault is that? certain people who idolize certain fighters and certain promoters that started this nonsense in the first place. that chase around people on twitter and troll them thinking they're smart and they "got em" - and most of those annoying types of closed-minded people post in the boxing thread.

its an infection, and it might be too late

What people in the boxing thread?

Edit: forget that.

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

2016 fights in the UFC:

Alright, then I'm a let you :cook:

I actually agree with the premise of the thread, but I thought you were intentionally throwing stones and hiding your hand.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

2016 fights in the UFC:

Define "Big fights"

Cause the only big fight of the ones you've listed is maybe Pacman and Bradley. No one else is a household name

semtex

:)
Daps
Why does it have to be one or the other? If you're talking about quality of fights I think kickboxing rules. But I enjoy all combat sports

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm gonna do something which might be a waste of time and respond seriously to parts of one of your posts which I believe might be trolling, by pointing out flat out inaccuracies and inconsistencies in logic. You complain about boxing promoters and fighters doing things purely for money instead of trying to make the best fights and then completely ignore Dana White's history of doing the same. Examples of this can be seen in the UFC's insistence on a Rousey/ Holm rematch following the complete domination which was the first encounter and the granting of a titte shot Alexander Gustafsson following a loss.

Bradley v Pacquiao III - pointless rematch(You could argue that that the RDA vs. Cerrone and/or the Holm/Rousey rematch are essentially the exact same thing)

2016 fights in the UFC:

Lawler vs Condit - good title fight(Agreed)
Cruz vs Dillashaw - good title fight(Agreed)
Johnson vs Bader - HW contender fight equivalent to Jennings vs Ortiz(This is factually incorrect,because this a light heavyweight bout.)
Werdum vs Velasquez - good title fight(Werdum dominated Velasquez and many fans question why a rematch was ordered.)

I say these things not as a biased boxing fan, but as someone who enjoys watching and discussing both sports.

semtex

:)
Daps
Yep... either Black or Brazilian...... which is still a MINORITY and not a CAC

So what occassionally that one white boy ala a Liddell, Couture, McGregor slips through the cracks:yeshrug:
They're both black. One's a black american one is a black brazilian