It's Pathetic For A League To Not Have A Championship Game

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Why is it pathetic? It makes perfect sense for a champion to be decided by the team who won the most games/had the most points when every single team plays the exact same schedule unlike every American sport.

Being able to be determined a leagues "champion" while not even playing that day and being able to have the league locked up with multiple games to played (just an example) is ridiculous.

Here in the U.S., we like winners that can excel under pressure when the lights are brightest. The best of the best go at it after the regular season. If there is no title game, that league means nothing.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Being able to be determined a leagues "champion" while not even playing that day and being able to have the league locked up with multiple games to played (just an example) is ridiculous.

Here in the U.S., we like winners that can excel under pressure when the lights are brightest. The best of the best go at it after the regular season. If there is no title game, that league means nothing.

The playoffs are heavily flawed as the best teams can be eliminated due to specific matchups. The champion wins against 4 teams(or 3 in some cases) while avoiding a good load of other teams they may not have beaten if they had happened to play.

You also get bullshyt tournaments like March Madness that has champions that mean absolutely fukk all except they just won a one and done tournament where a team could have had an off day. Some shyt is true for the superbowl.

It's not my favourite method, but the where the fifa leagues do it is by the far fairest as every team plays each other, for the same amount of games, and each team gets a home and away game against every opponent.

Also they got a champion's league for the shyt you're looking for.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The playoffs are heavily flawed as the best teams can be eliminated due to specific matchups. The champion wins against 4 teams(or 3 in some cases) while avoiding a good load of other teams they may not have beaten if they had happened to play.

You also get bullshyt tournaments like March Madness that has champions that mean absolutely fukk all except they just won a one and done tournament where a team could have had an off day. Some shyt is true for the superbowl.

It's not my favourite method, but the where the fifa leagues do it is by the far fairest as every team plays each other, for the same amount of games, and each team gets a home and away game against every opponent.

Also they got a champion's league for the shyt you're looking for.

:camby:

I do agree that one-off tournaments like March Madness are trash, but if you're a sports league without any sort of playoff structure you're a trash league. The MLB has the best playoff structure of all of the major sports leagues though.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I do agree that one-off tournaments like March Madness are trash, but if you're a sports league without any sort of playoff structure you're a trash league. The MLB has the best playoff structure of all of the major sports leagues though.

Soccer has the Champions League and other tournaments though

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Breh baseball is my favorite sport and even I will admit that October baseball is a fluke. The best teams typically don't win the World Series, it's very random. At least with the BPL, you know the best team won, other leagues don't have that.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh baseball is my favorite sport and even I will admit that October baseball is a fluke. The best teams typically don't win the World Series, it's very random. At least with the BPL, you know the best team won, other leagues don't have that.

Baseball playoffs are the ultimate crapshoot :francis:

I'm not a fan of the one game playoff though they need to make it 2 out of 3