It's Pathetic For A League To Not Have A Championship Game

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Not even close to the same as the playoff in normal U.S. leagues. That format is much more similar to a March Madness tournament than it is a true playoff.

It's the same thing. Basketball is a game of seven, the champions league is a game of two.

March Madness is one and done.

[REDACTED]

♥︎♥︎♥︎
Daps
Reppin
BRWRD
Not even close to the same as the playoff in normal U.S. leagues. That format is much more similar to a March Madness tournament than it is a true playoff.
How? The best teams compete in a knockout stage at the end over two games, and some leagues do have playoffs like MLS and Mexican league

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
domestic leagues in soccer work well. for playoff structure, theres champs league for clubs and for national teams, world cup/euro/copa america/cup of nations.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Breh baseball is my favorite sport and even I will admit that October baseball is a fluke. The best teams typically don't win the World Series, it's very random. At least with the BPL, you know the best team won, other leagues don't have that.

Baseball playoffs are the ultimate crapshoot :francis:

I'm not a fan of the one game playoff though they need to make it 2 out of 3

I say MLB has the best playoff structure because it does the best as far as rewarding a good regular season, while still giving teams that didn't have as much luck in the regular season a fighting chance. The series being progressively longer works, and if applied to a different sport it would probably reduce the chance of injury during an early series. The only thing the MLB does wrong in my opinion is the all-star game determines who gets home field in the WS.

Baseball playoffs being a crapshoot is more because of the nature of the sport, not the playoff structure itself. In my opinion.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Breh baseball is my favorite sport and even I will admit that October baseball is a fluke. The best teams typically don't win the World Series, it's very random. At least with the BPL, you know the best team won, other leagues don't have that.

Except Leicester isn't the best team...

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
we got leagues letting in half their damn teams into the postseason after long as fukk regular seasons and act like thats some righteous way to decide a champ. if a team plays the exact same schedule as everyone else, whats the issue with the best team being the champ?