Keep my name out of it
Daps
Dry rub or sauced ribs? Or both :jbhmm: for research
NimbleUnripeCoelacanth-max-1mb.gif

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nothing is worse than people sending their DNA off in the mail to discover their "heritage", then complaining about "google and tiktok stealing my search history".
I have a friend that works Military intel and she said her command told them to not send in their DNA to compaines like 23 and me. She wouldnt give a reason as to why

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I have a friend that works Military intel and she said her command told them to not send in their DNA to compaines like 23 and me. She wouldnt give a reason as to why
There was a story not too long ago about DNA from rape kits being used to link the rape victims to other crimes. I would imagine it falls in line with that. I'm sure 23 and me has some kind of fine print about sharing DNA with authorities that nobody reads.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
There was a story not too long ago about DNA from rape kits being used to link the rape victims to other crimes. I would imagine it falls in line with that. I'm sure 23 and me has some kind of fine print about sharing DNA with authorities that nobody reads.

What about law enforcement?

We will not release any individual-level personal information to law enforcement without your explicit consent unless required by law. We closely scrutinize all law enforcement and regulatory requests, and we will only comply with court orders, subpoenas, search warrants or other requests that we determine are legally valid.
And IF that were to ever happen we would be transparent and notify anyone affected, unless prevented by the legal request.

-23andMe

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
China hacked OPM in 2014 and took all our shyt: names, SSN, SF-86 forms (what you fill out to get a clearance- your entire life is in that form). They took everything. When I got my clearance in 2017 the adjudication officer told me assume China has your file.
Only a matter of time before they get in 23andme and those companies (if they haven't already)