Never understood hunting for sport when hunting can Alternatively result in
venison-steaks-being-sliced.jpg

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I hunt for sport.

Fish, Feral Pigs, and coyotes. For fish, I will go to the lakes out here in California and catch and release, and for pigs and coyotes, in Texas there is no catch and release.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I’ve only been hunting once, and that was in my early teens with my friend and his dad hunting doves. Since then and now I never really been bothered to “put in” for like an elk, deer or javelina stamp. I don’t care for wild meat like that. Just not my thing thru and thru. I know I could, but in the same hand I know there are animals I’d never want to kill either like a bear for example, never thought to collect trophies or pelts

Having said that, I recall in my youth having acquired a BB gun (not bought or thru my parents as they didn’t keep or raise us with guns) and in the backyard of our house I had begun shooting birds for sport out of boredom i guess. So much so to the point I had about 20-30 or so birds buried in my “bird graveyard” behind the shed. Even managed to kill a few with a slingshot, and once with my friends recently acquired blowgun, I shot one out of a tree with a dart (and it ran into some bushes squeaking and we never found it). Many more stories…

Anyway, I also remember when I stopped. Once I observed a hummingbird zipping around in the eucalyptus tree in our backyard as many birds would, and as quick as I thought 'can I get this quick little thing’, using this co2 pistol I had I knocked it out of the sky in first shot, surprising myself even. Well, I went to “collect" the carcass for disposal smh and it just kind of hit me how pretty this small thing was. And for the first time I felt a bit of shame and how wrong it was. I was just doing things thoughtlessly like a stupid kid. Years after, all I’ve really ever done is just target shoot in the desert now, but to tell you the truth, I seldom do that now too. Easily more than 10 years now

Thats my limited experience for what it’s worth

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yea it kind of bothers me; cause it seems like a right of passage for your "man card"

I can fillet a fish tho I learned a few years ago
Right, I think it's a good skill to have and a great way to save money. Especially if you have a meat grinder and sausage maker :whew:. I got one last year; I should've gotten it sooner.

I realized I didn't answer OPs question. I completely disagree with the sport-hunting bullshyt, and I also disagree with creating ripe conditions to hunt something. If you're legitimately starving, I get it but if not, it's lame.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Right, I think it's a good skill to have and a great way to save money. Especially if you have a meat grinder and sausage maker :whew:. I got one last year; I should've gotten it sooner.

I realized I didn't answer OPs question. I completely disagree with the sport-hunting bullshyt, and I also disagree with creating ripe conditions to hunt something. If you're legitimately starving, I get it but if not, it's lame.

I go to a butcher thats on a farm these days.....the quality of protein is UNREAL compared to shyt you buy in supermarkets.

you could literally not season anything from there and its :ohlawd:

the prices tho :huhldup:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Even when I'm fishing I try my best not to them unless I'm keeping them. I will say this, my uncle took Turkey hunting one time when i was 11... not for me... my little sympathetic ass was crying when he killed that damn turkey

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I go to a butcher thats on a farm these days.....the quality of protein is UNREAL compared to shyt you buy in supermarkets.

you could literally not season anything from there and its :ohlawd:

the prices tho :huhldup:
Them prices is the first thing that came to mind but it's worth it. The meat is really that good.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Even when I'm fishing I try my best not to them unless I'm keeping them. I will say this, my uncle took Turkey hunting one time when i was 11... not for me... my little sympathetic ass was crying when he killed that damn turkey

Breh I go on a couple charters every year and one of my homies told me he didn't cook nothing he took he tossed it.

I got hot.....just throw it back then :what: