Jada Pinkett: "I DIDN'T Want To Marry, Will Smith. My Mom Literally "BEGGED" Me Too."

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Jada Pinkett Smith’s Mom Adrienne Banfield-Norris Persuaded Her to Marry Will Smith: ‘I Didn’t Want to!’
By Alexandra D'Aluisio
May 17, 2019

Jada-Pinkett-Smith-and-Mom-Adrienne-Banfield-Noris-Marry-Will-Smith.jpg

She didn’t need the bells and whistles. Jada Pinkett Smithwas hesitant to walk down the aisle when she married her now-husband, Will Smith, in 1997, but her mom, Adrienne Banfield-Norris, was insistent.

“[My mom] wanted me to have a wedding. She wanted me to get married,” Pinkett Smith, 47, told Us Weekly and other reporters at the return celebration of her Facebook Watch series, Red Table Talk, in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 16. “I didn’t want to! … She told me to get married and we better have a wedding.”

Banfield-Norris, 65, now recognizes that the persuasion was a “huge fail” on her part. She noted, “I really wanted a wedding. … I really didn’t get how much [Jada] didn’t want to have a wedding.”

The pair eventually settled into married life and welcomed two children: Jaden Smith, now 20, and Willow Smith, now 18. TheGotham alum also recalled how the Aladdin star helped herbalance motherhood with a busy career in Hollywood.

“Will used to tell me all the time, he’d say, ‘Put your mask on first.’ You know, you’ll be on the plane and the pilot says, ‘Hey, look, if something goes down, put your mask on first,’” she said. “You can’t do jack for anybody else if you got a lack of oxygen. And I wish I had listened more to him because he would tell me that from day one, and I was like, ‘What does that even mean?’ That’s what that meant. … I’m gonna tell you what, if I’m breathing good, all y’all are gone be breathing good too.”

Pinkett Smith also spoke out about the backlash Ayesha Curry faced after admitting onRed Table Talk that she hates that women “will always be lurking” around her husband, Stephen Curry. “We have to expect that because everybody’s not ready. And that’s OK,” the Girls Tripactress asserted. “She’s OK. I talked to her, you know, and I said, ‘You know what? That truth was so real.’”

The Bad Moms actress, whomarried the Men in Black actor on New Year’s Eve in 1997,previously admitted that their nuptials were “horrible.”

She confessed on a October 2018 episode of Red Table Talk: “I was so upset that I had to have a wedding. I was so pissed. I went crying down the freakin’ aisle getting married.”

Jada Pinkett's Mom Persuaded Her to Marry Will Smith: 'I Didn't Want to!'

She said she didn't want to have a wedding...*Hope you get the neg train*

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
She was a hoe, but was smart enough to know that she would have ended up like another Vivica Fox if she continued. Will was the safe bet.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
She was clearly talking about having a wedding; not getting married. Click bait.
She said she didn't want to have a wedding...*Hope you get the neg train*

You niccas are always complaining about women. Lol @ blaming the Jada cause her son wore a skirt when he has a whole daddy in the same fukking household. Mofos dont even read, it says she didnt want a wedding not that she didnt want to marry him.
The title is flat out wrong though. She didnt want a wedding. Not getting married. Change that shyt.:rudy:

“It was almost as if [my mother, Adrienne Banfield-Jones] was like, ‘You have to get married,’” Pinkett Smith, 47, recalled. “I was under so much pressure being a young actress. Being young, pregnant … I just didn’t know what to do. But I knew I never wanted to be married.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...t-smith-i-cried-the-whole-way-down-the-aisle/

Y'all can take the capes off. I notice whenever women come out and say shyt that they're not supposed to there's a legion of folk who want to cop pleas on the woman's behalf. Same shyt with Ayesha Curry.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:Just look how full of shyt you and others are.

She clearly said that she didn't want to marry will, she was pressured to do so, and walked down the aisle crying. Now you want to pretend as if she was saying that she just didn't eat a big ceremony. Just full of shyt for no reason.

She’s been married to him for over 20 years and never left. Your argument is moot

Gravity

Banned
Daps
She’s been married to him for over 20 years and never left. Your argument is moot
I only argued that she said that she didn't want to marry Will and was pressured into doing so.

I think it's sad that they're held up as an example of "black love" but it's an example ignorant many blacks are. Outside of that tho, couldn't care less about their marriage. Jada being a 47 year old bird is will's problem.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
“It was almost as if [my mother, Adrienne Banfield-Jones] was like, ‘You have to get married,’” Pinkett Smith, 47, recalled. “I was under so much pressure being a young actress. Being young, pregnant … I just didn’t know what to do. But I knew I never wanted to be married.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...t-smith-i-cried-the-whole-way-down-the-aisle/

Y'all can take the capes off. I notice whenever women come out and say shyt that they're not supposed to there's a legion of folk who want to cop pleas on the woman's behalf. Same shyt with Ayesha Curry.
Is this the article in the OP? No. :gucci:

I dont care if you find a hunnit articles of her saying exactly whatever the fukk you want it to say. OP posted a piece from 3 days ago and made a title about something she did not say in that piece. Pulling up a quote from a different piece last year has nothing to do with her quote in this one. You really think you did something with this shyt too quoting everyone. :mjlol:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Is this the article in the OP? No. :gucci:

I dont care if you find a hunnit articles of her saying exactly whatever the fukk you want it to say. OP posted a piece from 3 days ago and made a title about something she did not say in that piece. Pulling up a quote from a different piece last year has nothing to do with her quote in this one. You really think you did something with this shyt too quoting everyone. :mjlol:
She confessed on a October 2018 episode of Red Table Talk: “I was so upset that I had to have a wedding. I was so pissed. I went crying down the freakin’ aisle getting married.”
Stupid motherfukker.

Status
Not open for further replies.