Jaden and Willow Smith on Prana Energy, Time and Why School is Overrated

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate this response. I'm not hating I'm not going to celebrate black people just because they're not drug dealers. What type of standards do you have for black people? If my kids where speaking this spoiled non sense I would slap them. It's really not a big deal though, 14-16 year olds going through these phases where they think they know more than they do. I think its just more weird that you have adults celebrating rambling non sense as intelligence.

And how do you quantify intelligence?

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
star seeds... you can tell they have the gift... they're still young though so it's all over the place lol

and they're still heavy in their ego, albeit passively... but that's to be expected.

all things considered they're light years ahead spiritually... they need a little 3D grounding though.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
they are 14 & 16!!!!

The fukk do you all want kids to do/say?
They are starting better than most kids that age.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
and i love how everyone is focusing on what they perceive as the "dumb" stuff, and conveniently side-stepping all the gems.

What have you been reading?

A.
WILLOW: Quantum physics. Osho.

JADEN: “The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life” and ancient texts; things that can’t be pre-dated.

pretty advanced texts for any person, let alone two teenagers. what do most teenagers read nowadays anyway besides their instagram page?

I’m curious about your experience of time. Do you feel like life is moving really quickly? Is your music one way to sort of turn it over and reflect on it?

JADEN: It’s proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It’s relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it’s also such a thing that you can get lost in.

guarantee this lesson went over a lot of people's heads

What are some of the themes that recur in your work?

JADEN: The P.C.H. being one of them; the melancholiness of the ocean; the melancholiness of everything else.

WILLOW: And the feeling of being like, this is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made.

this one too

How have you gotten better?

WILLOW: Caring less what everybody else thinks, but also caring less and less about what your own mind thinks, because what your own mind thinks, sometimes, is the thing that makes you sad.

simple, yet profound.

Do you think of your new music as a continuation of your past work?

WILLOW: I mean, “Whip My Hair” was a great thing. When I look back I think, “Wow, I did so much for young black girls and girls around the world. Telling them that they can be themselves and to not be afraid to be themselves.” And I’m doing that now but in a whole different way, coming from source energy and universal truths. People will be, like, “Oh, I’m not going to make a song about exactly how I feel, all the bad ways that I feel, and put it out in the world so everyone can judge me.” But for me, it’s a part of me, it’s my artistic journey.

JADEN: That’s another thing: What’s your job, what’s your career? Nah, I am. I’m going to imprint myself on everything in this world.

:obama:

How do you write? What’s your process?

WILLOW: I mean, the beat is usually what moves me. Or I think of concepts. Then when I hear a beat that is, like, elaborating on that concept, I just go off.

WILLOW: You piece it together. You piece together those little moments of inspiration.

:wow:

What are you searching for in those pieced-together moments?

JADEN: Honestly, we’re just trying to make music that we think is cool. We don’t think a lot of the music out there is that cool. So we make our own music.

WILLOW: That’s what I do with novels. There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it’s the best thing.

JADEN: Willow’s been writing her own novels since she was 6.

:leon:

But do your collaborative relationships inspire you in different directions?

WILLOW: Me and Jaden just figured out that our voices sound like chocolate together. As good as chocolate tastes, it sounds that good.

:russ: im stealing that

How does fashion relate to what you do?

JADEN: Willow just dropped a song (“Cares”), let me quote the lyrics: “I do not care what people say.” We both don’t really care. I like to wear things that I make, but I throw it on as though I was throwing on anything. It looks cool, sometimes.

WILLOW: I like to go to places with my high-fashion things where there are a lot of cameras. So I can just go there and be like, “Yep, yep, I’m looking so sick.” But in my regular life, I put on clothes that I can climb trees in.

a mature response that most adults in LA couldn't even fathom

What are the things worth having?

JADEN: Something that’s worth buying to me is like Final Cut Pro or Logic.

WILLOW: A canvas. Paint. A microphone.

JADEN: Anything that you can shock somebody with. The only way to change something is to shock it. If you want your muscles to grow, you have to shock them. If you want society to change, you have to shock them.

WILLOW: That’s what art is, shocking people. Sometimes shocking yourself.

:ohlawd:

You mentioned breathing earlier, and it’s also an idea that recurs in your songs.

WILLOW: Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation.

JADEN: When babies are born, their soft spots bump: It has, like, a heartbeat in it. That’s because energy is coming through their body, up and down.

WILLOW: When they’re in the stomach, they’re so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they’re shocked by this harsh world.

JADEN: By the chemicals and things, and then slowly…

WILLOW: As they grow up, they start losing.

JADEN: You know, they become just like us.

:to:

So is the hardest education the unlearning of things?

WILLOW: Yes, basically, but the crazy thing is it doesn’t have to be like that.

JADEN: Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty.

WILLOW: They never want to do anything, they’re so tired.

WILLOW: I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, “Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.” But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.

:whoo:

So what’s next?

JADEN: I have a goal to be just the most craziest person of all time. And when I say craziest, I mean, like, I want to do like Olympic-level things. I want to be the most durable person on the planet.

WILLOW: I think by the time we’re 30 or 20, we’re going to be climbing as many mountains as we can possibly climb.

that animal ambition :youngsabo:

so yea criticize the "dumb" stuff... but acknowledge the profound stuff as well.

and remember they're teenagers.

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if you don't agree or think they are weird this proves a lot when you have money or are well off without a care in the world. It leaves you to do and think learn whatever you want. They are way ahead even thinking outta the box .. kids I know are so brainwashed and dumb to began to think about stuff like that

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:dwillhuh: I don't get the hype about quantum mechanics, aren't most people introduced to that concept in introductory chemistry and physics classes in high school, and duke is 16.......

Which around the age most people in hs take those classes.....

ANd who the fukk is Osho.....

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
This is non sense. I've worked with intelligent kids, it doesn't sound like this. I've met smart children who realize traditional education has it's limits, these kids just sound like pretentious a$$holes and no one should be commending this shyt. If you're an adult that thinks these kids have a point, you're a moron. The drivers ed shyt right there should dead everything they're saying. Did anyone catch willow saying she experienced one year of school and that's enough for her to dismiss education. Also smart people don't dismiss other peoples work the way these cats do. I really don't give a fukk about what they're saying because kids will be kids but I can't believe adults are co signing any of this non sense.
Agreed it's absolute nonsense

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:dwillhuh: I don't get the hype about quantum mechanics, aren't most people introduced to that concept in introductory chemistry and physics classes in high school, and duke is 16.......

Which around the age most people in hs take those classes.....

ANd who the fukk is Osho.....
I can tell you from experience growing up in the NYC public school system the answer is NO and the answer will be no for most kids in NYC unless they went to a specialized school like BK Tech or Stuyvesant or something. Hell even my friends who went to Catholic schools weren't learning that. When I was in HS you were being taught to pass the regents exams.

If you went to the few specialized high schools or some shyt like Poly prep...yeah

Otherwise NOPE.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm a little surprised, how a 14 and a 16 year old are leaving so many of you guys in past tense.

Perhaps their worldview may need to mature a little more but I could say that of any teenager.

Clearly Will and Jada have allowed these children to pursue some unique avenues regarding their self education and it has led them to some interesting conclusions however self-inflated, but at least the wheels are turning. Quantum physics though :dwillhuh: