ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

Jahlil Okafor Agrees To Sign With Pelicans

I remember draft night 2015 wanting Okafor to drop to the Knicks :francis::huhldup:

3 years later the guy is on his 3rd team in 2 seasons getting a partially guaranteed contract....yikes

Could be worse tho, could be bound for China instead of being on an NBA roster collecting NBA checks

Happy that he got this opportunity and wish him the best going forward but damn man he's been a major disappointment thus far

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I don’t see him even playing with the way Gentry runs his offense.

They do have a plethora of bigs who fit better than OK4...

Mirotic, Randle, Diallo........the other Okafor, Emeka :pachaha:

He really gunna have to battle for his mins, hell he'll most likely have to battle it out just to keep his roster spot considering his deal is only partially guaranteed

The last time he was challenged to earn his mins he didn't respond too well to the adversity :francis:

Hoping he takes advantage of this opportunity tho, it may be his last chance in the league :sadcam::francis:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Should have went overseas where he could get playing time. He won't get it on NO

I guess

Ya know, guards n wings go overseas then come back all the time. Sometimes they stick as rotational players in the NBA upon their return, sometimes they go back overseas. But a lot of times they get another shot at the league

You don't really see the same occurrence with bigs tho. Cant remember the last big who struggled early on, flamed outta the league, went overseas, then came back and was an effective/productive player. Wonder y bigs dont (typically) get the same courtesy :jbhmm:

No Hook

Surrounded By Hate Yet I Love Home
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I guess

Ya know, guards n wings go overseas then come back all the time. Sometimes they stick as rotational players in the NBA upon their return, sometimes they go back overseas. But a lot of times they get another shot at the league

You don't really see the same occurrence with bigs tho. Cant remember the last big who struggled early on, flamed outta the league, went overseas, then came back and was an effective/productive player. Wonder y bigs dont (typically) get the same courtesy :jbhmm:

I think it's more easier to evaluate a big man long term than a guard/wing

In Jahlil's case, he will be out of the league by next year unless he learns to play with some heart, rebound, shoot, and/or defend. He's has a 7'5" wingspan but he doesn't rebound well or block shots as well as a player of his length should. That should tell you about his effort on the court

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I think it's more easier to evaluate a big man long term than a guard/wing

In Jahlil's case, he will be out of the league by next year unless he learns to play with some heart, rebound, shoot, and/or defend. He's has a 7'5" wingspan but he doesn't rebound well or block shots as well as a player of his length should. That should tell you about his effort on the court

These couple videos show me all I need to know abt his on court effort defensively:

:scusthov: :francis:

:russ::mjlol: