Jared Anderson to retire by 27. Candid interview

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems like he’s not in a good place mentally

Not the sport to be in if you’re not enjoying it and in a good place. Hope he can find some peace.
I really hope he’s able to maximize his earnings, retire in good health, and invest wisely. Sounds like he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
You still not seeing it?

wonder how much social media plays into this.
Yeah I see it now breh. He looked really good against the introductory level of the sport. We’ll see but it doesn’t sound like he’s even starting out passionate about the sport and eventually that is gonna die out. I hope he is able to fulfill his 4 year plan

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He straight said that he doesn’t love it like that and it feels like a job
:yeshrug:

Damn he also said he’s already burnt out :francis:
I believe Sugar Ray Robinson said the same thing. He was just boxing because he was good at it and he was making bank. I would think most of the fighters from way back in the day boxed mainly for money and the prestige is something that just happened.
Seems like a lot of modern athletes and entertainers with extremely high expectations are facing that.
Social media
It was one thing when all you do to worry about were the sport journalists but now you have to deal with every couch potato and sometimes political figures and their minions being critical of you.